Chapter 7: The Winter Soldier or Bucky?

I had joined Nat and Everett Ross in what looked like a control room. A few seconds later T'Challa had appeared and sat in the chair at the back of the room. The telly was on showing footage of Bucky. A psychiatrist had been called in to evaluate Bucky's state of mind. I haven't had my brain thrown in a blender for about five years now, but as for Bucky, I don't know. I continued to watch the doctor very closely, there was something....off.....about him.

"Hello, Mr. Barnes. I've been sent by the United Nations to evaluate you. Do you mind if I sit? Your first name is James?"

There was silence.

"I'm not here to judge you. I just want to ask you a few questions. Do you know where you are, James? I can't help you if you don't talk to me, James. "

"My name is Bucky."

I smiled slightly at that statement. When he was in 'Winter Soldier mode' he would forget about the nickname. So this was a tiny bit of reassurance.

"Tell me Bucky. You've seen a great deal, haven't you?"

"I don't want to talk about it."

His tone was stern. Anyone should have taken that as a warning not to push it. But this guy was determined, and it made me very uneasy.

"You feel that... if you open your mouth, the horrors might never stop. Don't worry. We only have to talk about one."

Then the screen went blank.  Panic aroused in me as I quickly left the room and headed for Bucky. Along the way I ran into Steve and Sam. They had obviously been watching too.

"Sub-level 5, East wing." Steve told me.

That's all I needed to hear. I darted straight the the location to find the doctor, Zemo I think he mentioned. Acting so weak, it was pathetic, and his act was dropped immediately when he recognised who I was.

"Ah, Agent Cassidy. The infamous Cassanova. How long have you had you mind straight? Five years now. It would be a pity to.....undo it." Zemo stated with a evil grin spread across his face.

"What did you do to Barnes?"

"Oh, I simply put his brain in a, how did you phrase it,.....blender."

"Why? Why would you do that?!"

I pushed him harder against the wall, my grip tightening around his neck.

"He couldn't answer a question that maybe you can."

I stared at him with curiosity. What question?

"Mission report December sixteenth nineteen-ninety one."

Why would he want to know about that mission? How did he even know of that mission?

"It is none of your business!"

I flung him across the room. Sam entered and as he did the Winter Soldier emerged from the shadows and started to attack. He had taken down Sam in an instant.

"Bucky, stop!" I shouted gaining his attention.

He started making his way towards me and suddenly it was like we were back at Hydra. The many times I have fought him, but yet this time was different, I was different. He threw a punch which I easily dodged. I started to fight back throwing punches and kicks in his direction. He managed to clip me a couple of times, which I was sure was going to leave a mark. I kicked again, only this time he grabbed my foot in his metallic arm. The next thing I know I'm thrown out the window of the building. I managed to create a shield to stop me from falling, my face only inches from the ground.
I got back up and ran inside once again. I found Tony trying to fight Bucky off with only a part of his suit. Apparently he had only brought his three piece tailored one. He was down in seconds. I took this as my chance. I ran towards Bucky. I used a chair to boost me up onto his shoulders and wrap my legs around his neck. But he didn't give up. He slammed me down onto a table, causing me to be winded. He wrapped his hand around my neck and tightened his grip gradually.