Chapter 14: Ulysses Klaue.

T'Challa and I made our way towards Shuri's lab, to prepare for our mission. Not a word was said between us until T'Challa stood in front of me, stopping me from moving any further. I looked at him quizzically.

"Is everything alright, my King."

"First if all, I thought we agreed to drop the titles?"

I nodded, smirking, in agreement remembering the conversation at the signing of the accords.

"Of course, T'Challa."

"Secondly-" He paused

"I want to thank you for your kind words last night."

I shook my head at him and sighed softly.

"You don't need to thank me, T'Challa."

He held out his hand to me, which I took in my grasp.

"You opened my eyes. I can now see the type of King I wish to be."

I smile at him as we walked towards Shuri's lab.

"I'm glad I could help."
——————————————
We entered Shuri's lab. The moment T'Challa had walked in she took her opportunity to tease him.

"My King!"

She exclaimed as she made her way towards us, her arms outstretched like she was about to hug someone.

"My favourite sibling!"

At that moment I thought the Udaku childern were going to share a sibling moment. But the next thing took me by surprise as I felt Shuri's arms wrap around my body. My eyes widened in shock as I exchanged a look with T'Challa who mimicked my shocked expression.

"Eh, Shuri, your brother is over there."

She pulled away and looked at me with gleamy eyes.

"Oh, I know, but you're my favourite."

With that she turned on her heels and motioned for us to follow her. We exchanged a look with each other and T'Challa let out a loud sigh. We found her typing on one of her many computer, when she piped up.

"Who are you taking to Korea with you?"

"Okoye. And Emily."

"No Nakia?" I questioned.

"I figured she would be too much of a distraction."

He shared a look with Shuri before resuming:

"Shuri made that very clear."

I thought for a moment or two before replying.

"Maybe.....she was right."

T'Challa looked at me somewhat dumbfounded by my reply, obviously expecting me to take his side.

"Who's side are you on, Miss Cassidy?"

"Oh, so we're back to formalities now, my King."

I smirked at him as he chuckled at my sassiness.

"Plus,-"

He turned to face me. As I picked up a file containing all the information about mission and placing it under my arm. I then too turned to face T'Challa.

"I don't pick sides."

He watched me as I left to get ready. My memory of the Civil War had come back and how I had to choose a side, but technically I didn't. I helped Steve and Bucky, but then again I still helped T'Challa when he needed it and vice versa. Shuri's voice directed me off of memory lane and back to now. She looked at me concerned.