chapter 3

I hate Tavin. Actually, I probably would say I hate most guys my age. Kodiak is nearly the only one I don't but then too if he had the chance with me, would he be the asshole all the others are?

It had been two weeks since my return home. I have decided to move to the pack house which will allow me to get more acquainted with the coming warriors and others my age. I had gone to school with them, but as you age, you change... that's all. Some day, I will have my position in this pack and I want to have a good relationship with the pack members even those below me.

After a quick shower, I dressed for the day in a set of yoga pants, tank top, sweatshirt, and trainers then I jogged my way down stairs. "Good morning Earthly." I offered with a warm hug. We may not always get along perfectly but time has healed all the wounds we have created with each other.

"Hey sis," Earthly returns with her back to me. She flips over a pancake then tosses another onto a plate stacked high. "Would you like some pancakes and bacon?"

"Yeah... sure." I shrug as I walk to the counter. She hands me a plate stacked full and I carry it over to the small old round table which mom use to sit for hours with us abd color at. I can't help the sigh that slips past my lips.

"So..." Earthly murmurs as she walks toward the table with her own stack.

"So..." I reply back as I focus all my attention on cutting the pile of golden pancakes so I can shovel them into my mouth.

"Daddy said to tell you Alpha Daniel and Luna Samantha want to speak with you... he said Tavin offered to escort you but I said we were going to have some sister time first."

"Thank goodness!" I sigh, "you are such a life saver." Earthly knows how much I don't want anything to do with Tavin that was one of the things we have in common.

"But... I think you should get going..." she grabs my half eaten pancakes and takes off with it.

"I was eating that!?" I call after her as I hop up.

"You were done anyway. Here... drop these off to the guards on your way out." She holds out a tray of pancakes on plates for the two guards in the other room and Kodiak and Zander as they switch shifts.

I walk into the other room and pass out the plates and then walk out the door with Kodiak as he scarfs his food. "I'll drive..." I demand even though Kodiak is about to protest I shake my head, "no... don't even argue! You have your fave in that plate!" I laugh holding out my hand and reluctantly Kodi complies.

I have only drove a few times in my life, there hasn't been much need. I look anxiously at the keys. "Are you sure...?" Kodiak babbles with his mouth full.

I step back from the suv holding the keys back out to him. "Yeah... We can wait..."

He chuckles accidently spitting out a chunk of pancake. "Ewwww!" I swat him. "I'm waiting in the truck."

After Kodiak finished his meal and dumped the plate in the trash we are off to the alpha's house.

"Ms. Blue," a guard nods his head as he steps up to the door. "Alpha and Luna are waiting for you. They are waiting in the library."

"Thank you, Peter." I walk past the blond guard, but I do not miss the way his eyes lit up in realization that I know his name.

I make my way through the beautiful mansion. It has been in the Alpha's family for three generations. Tavin will someday live here with his family.

"I don't give a damn!" Tavin's snarl filled the house. I cringed. Being beta, I am genetically adapted to withstand the scorn of alpha blood but... only so much.

"You will not take that tone with your mother, young man," my father growled back.

"I am not a fucking child!" Tavin growled back as something smashed against the wall right in front of me. I jumped back tripping and falling onto my ass.

"Easy Ms. Blue. Are you alright?" A guard grabbed me, yanking me back from the shattered porcelain. His body shrouded me as another vase hit the wall.

"Get the fuck out of my house Tavin!" Alpha Daniel stormed down the hallway toward us. "Kodiak get her in the library so she isn't harmed!" Alpha Daniel snapped.

I hadn't realized Kodiak was with me until the other guard shoved me off to Kodiak and we were moving. I could hear the fighting going on around us and walls smashing as well as the scrapping and clashing of wolves as they made their way out of the house.

Kodi forces me to sit down at one of the brown leather couches as he kneeled before me pulling my face into his big callused hands examining me for injuries. "I'm alright..." I pushed him away from me. "Luna..."

Reluctantly, Kodi took up post by the door. Luna Samantha is in tears at the far side of the library. In all the commotion I didn't even notice her there.

I stand and make my way to her. Instantly, she is to her feet and I am bathed in her warmth. I engulf her with my arms as I coo gently, "it's alright..."

"Thank you sweetie, but I don't think it is." I pull away from her and look into her milky brown eyes. Reaching up, I swipe a lock of her short red hair out of her face.

"They always fight Luna... it'llbe okay."

She shakes her head and I pull her back into a hug. Alpha and Tavin had fought for as long as I have known. Tavin is an ass and Alpha is a good man, but they just can't get along.

"You don't understand Sky... Tavin has denounced his alpha lineage. He... I..."

"Excuse me?" I stutter. There is no way I heard that right. Tavin would never...

"I... you can't breath a word of this..."

I shook my head, "never." Not only is Luna like the mother I no longer have... But my luna is entrusting me in her secrets.

"Tavin is not pure alpha lineage." Luna Samantha whispered as if she had not said it at all. "We... uh... I had invetro." The light in Luna Samantha's eyes seemed to fade, it was the first time I truly saw her as normal as everyone else.

Immediately, I engulfed her with my warmth offering her every ounce of support I could. Her spirit seened to ease some. Before we could say any more, Alpha Daniel strode in, blood dripping from his chin and dirt all over him with nothing on but a pair of sweatpants.

"Samantha, come here my princess." He held out his arms and as if they were young again, Alpha caught the Luna and held her as they walk to a sofa. "Sky." He nodded to me, finally realizing I am in the room. "As you know, it is almost the time for the annual fundraiser at the zoo."

As a child, I loved the rare chance we got to visit the zoo with Earthly and mom. Mom always helped Luna Samantha with the fundraiser, they were close friends. It was always a time to reflect on our luck for being part human and not risking getting caged and remembering our past. We would give thanks to the animals that gave themselves to the world and those who could no longer live in the wild, we helped protect along with raising money to keep the sanctuary lands for the wild and our own wolves.

I nodded with a fond memory. "Samantha and I were wondering if you would help Samantha plan tge event this year."

My jaw dropped and I gapped at those before me. It was generally a Luna and Female Beta event!

"I mean look at her Dan, she obviously would be too distraught still by Cindy's passing. She don't want..."

I couldn't help but interrupt. "Are you sure?! Oh my gosh... I'd love too!"