chapter 4

I can't believe how exhausting helping Luna plan this fundraiser is! We have been working together for three weeks straight for hours on end. It is so much work.

It has been amazing working with Luna Samantha and getting more friendly with her, she is more and more feeling like the mother I don't have around any more.

Tavin hasn't been around the alpha house and when we were outside, Luna's guards had forced him away per the alpha's request.

I don't know what has happened between them, my father won't devulge.

We had set this years goal at four hundred and fifty thousand. The zoo was donating the day's profits to us as well! We have secured the food from two of our pack cooks, another of our pack members was helping by baking desserts for sale, and a fourth was setting up the menu and making sure the food portion of the event went off without a hitch.

Choosing volunteers was far from the hardest thing, since we had so many offering to help. The leader of the guard had offered to set up the volunteers for the positions. He was going to be sure that everyone arrived on time for their portion and did everything that was needed.

Right now Luna and I were working on themes, decor, giveaway items, and crafts for sale. The major theme was of course the wolf sanctuary and conservation efforts. But as far as decor, there was so many limitations! I picked out my newest choice. "How about this one?" I asked as Luna Samantha looked at her own choices.

"No..." she sighed. "Remember there is no straws."

"Uhg." I groaned. I had picked out ten different options so far and each had some aspect that we couldn't have at the zoo.

Finally after four hours Kodiak interupted us with his own opinion, one that would work great! "How about this one ladies?" He pointed to the patterned.

"That's perfect!" Both Luna and I shouted at the same time.

We had decided since the zoo would allow pets inside the zoological gardens that we would include pets. It involved a pet photo contest, a walk-a-thon, a pet talent show, auction and raffles, crafts, donations for the auction, and even a few other non animals things such as a singles auction which was volunteers for a date night.

I closed my mom's old fundraiser binder looking up at Luna Samantha. "Wow. I'm tired."

Luna nodded in agreeance, "me too. But I think we are ready."

"I'm nervous."

Luna's crooked smile met mine, "there is no need. You are your mother's child and she was born to be a leader and so are you. Would you like to have dinner with us tonight?"

"Uh... sure." I returned a warm smile. Honored. Only on special occasions and the weekends did we get to eat with the alpha and luna.

"Great! I let the cooks know. We can go for a run afterwards.

It was five o'clock, I had two hours to prepare. Luna Samantha retreated to somewhere in the house as Kodiak and I walked out to the suv. I couldn't wait!

At home I let Earthly know of my plans and took a quick shower before picking an outfit and makeup.

Dropping my clothes onto the floor, I stepped inside the rushing water. The warm fresh water soothed my mind as I scrubbed all my body clean from the day.

I soon hopped out of the shower and wrapped a fluffy white towel around my body. Noticing the time I hastily flung through the clothes in my closet.

Settling on a multi colored tunic with black leggings and flats, I pulled it all on. Then I rushed over to the bathroom again and did my hair and makeup. I was so nervous I could spout riddles.

I made it out to Zander and the waiting SUV with twenty minutes to spare. "Good evening, Ms. Blue," Zander greeted holding out his hand to assist me into the truck.

"Thank you Zander for driving me." I smiled brushing a lock of hair behind my ear.

"It is no problem ma'am." He bowed his head and closed the door behind me.

Zander was different than Kodiak. He was bold and outgoing. Zander was the flirt who easily sacked any woman who didn't watch her back. I'm sure he was already warned by my father and the alpha to keep his pride in his pants.

Zander slipped into the truck and instantly he began to talk about all things Zander, while I tuned him out and thought how excited I was to be having dinner with the Alphas. Maybe dad would be there too and maybe this was their way of offering me my position in the pack... though usually there was an announcement ceremony, kinda like graduation... or maybe it was just their way of being nice for helping with the fundraiser... either way I was excited.

Once at the Alphas' home, one of the guards came down to the truck and opened my door before guiding me inside to the dinning room.

Luna Samantha sat cross-leggedly reading a romance novel quickly looked up when we approached. "Sky!" She bounced up to her feet excitedly. "Thank you for having dinner with us. Daniel should be here soon... he had an urgent phone call to recieve but after dinner we will go for a run just us and some guards, how does that sound?"

I smiled. Running was a thrill of luxury for me while I was in school, not many times I could slip away unnoticed. "I would love too! I have only been able to a few times since I was back!"

We were on safe ground now.

"Eepp!" She screeched just as Alpha Daniel walked in.

"Sam?" His thick brows furrowed. "Oh hello Sky. I see you could make it tonight."

Alpha Daniel sat down and looked at us both before moments later his guards walked in and sat down at the table too. I never would have thought the alphas to be humble enough to share dinner with their guard, but it warmed my heart.

Once everyone was seated food was served.

***

"Well Samantha, Sky, are you ladies ready to go for a run?" Alpha Daniel asked as he finished whipping off his lips. He set the napkin down on the table and stood.

Both Luna Samantha and I followed suit and in moments we were surrounded the guards.

Search moved into their positions and we walked out to the back yard.

The light had begun to fade around us and everything was different because of it. We shifted males in one spot and females in another. The alpha pair together were a heart throbbing silver set of wolves. Their glimmering amber eyes were something to be admired.

Before I knew what was happening the alpha pair nuzzled me into a spot beside them before coaxing me to run as the guards surrounded us.