chapter 10

I have slept well last night but couldn't help but wonder what it would have been like to sleep next to a man such as Kage. When I catch myself thinking of my new alpha like such, I feel sad. He is not mine.
I wake to a gentle hand gliding along my cheek. "Kitten, Sky..."

I suddenly remember my situation and sleeping on the chair not my bed because of Kage... Kage! Shit! I sat up so fast I am lucky I didn't hit my head on his. Then I realize I am in bed and wonder what happened, I gasp and pull the sheets back and look at myself, still in my clothes. "Oh thank goddess." My sheer panic washes away when I realize he didn't try to taje advantage of me.

"Good morning," his sexy smile is something any woman would be happy to wake up to every morning.

"Good morning," I replied shyly not meeting his eyes. I don't know how I got into the bed with him but I am glad he is not mad.

"Why do you refuse to look at me!?" He us furious and I am not sure why. Maybe in his pack it is disrespectful when you don't meet your alpha's eyes.

"I'm sorry alpha," I whisper.

When I hear a knock, I get up and rush towards it, eager to get away from the awkward situation Kage is presenting me with.

"Yes," I ask opening it to see an angry William. He has been Tavin's best friend since middle school.

"You are late for breakfast and Alpha Lucas has been deemed guest of honor. We are all waiting." He grabs my arm and low growl. His grip hurts and I cover it up the best I can. When Kage is behind me, I am comforted a bit. He tugs me protectively behind him and away from the threat at the door.

"Do not growl at her. Show some respect or I will rip you limb from limb." He roars before adding, "We will be down in 10." I try to move away from him and his smoldering eyes but he grabs my chin and makes me look at him. "Are you alright?"

The moment he notices the red mark on my arm I see his eyes turn into coal. "I'm sorry." Kage takes off yanking the door open and is out it in seconds. I can hear the crashing and I move to the door seeing the sight that caused the noise. Kage is beating Will senselessly. "Never touch a woman like that again." Seconds later there is storming men through the house. "Apologize," I jump as he is tossed to the floor before me..

"Never. I will not apologize to this... traitor... or should I say slut for sleeping with an alpha. What was Tavin not good enough for you!?"

William has never really liked me. He would rather see me naked and on my knees before Tavin than anything else, "Alpha Daniel..." Kage is not surprised. Not nervous or afraid. Fearless.

"Guards take Will to the cells." I gasp as Will is kicked down to the ground.

"Alpha Lucas, I'm sorry for the mishap. Let me relo..." Nothing was going to soothe Kage, he seemed to be set in his way.

"We are leaving. I want a ride or a cab to get us out of here before I slay half the me in this pack with my bare hands." I couldn't say anything... the thought of Kage's strength impressed me more than anything. I walked back into the bedroom and curl into the chair terrified of leaving my family again, especially without my guard that I have had my whole life. I don't know how to protect my self enough to be without my guard!

"Come. We are leaving. We will get a meal when we stop."

I jump to my feet at his command and step closer, "What about my things?" I don't want to be without everything...

"Well... either we can take your most important things if they will fit in the duffles and we can go shopping for anything you may need after we get back or our guards can pick up the items after they pick us up." I don't have my own money to go shopping, I have only ever relied on my inheritance from the death of my mother... but now I am sure dad had it given to Earthly...

"I'll divide my things into the duffles." I walked toward the closet and began to dig through the box to be sure I had grabbed any important items from the box. After a few moments I come out dragging the bags toward the door. "I'm ready, alpha."

"Don't." He snips.

I don't know what he is complaining about... I am so... confused.

"Let's go. Alpha Daniel has a car waiting by the front."

When we get to the cars, Alpha Daniel's chosen guards are standing there waiting. They will drive us wherever Kage would like.

He holds the door for me then closes my door and walks to the other side.

I wish I could say goodbye to Earthly... I wish Kodiak was still my guard... I don't wish I still had a guard at least.

I lay my head back and wonder what my future will hold. Where will I stand in the Blackwater Pack? What if the rumors of the pack is true? What if I the rumors of Kage is true! Oh my gosh! Will he bed me by force or am a toy for him to simply take chase and kill!?

When my mind cannot take any more I begin to drift to sleep.