Chapter 4. Everything Black

I feel cold. There is such a chill in the air, it takes a second to realise that yes, another flashback. Everything is black still. "(Y/n)....its Jackson... Mind if I join you?" Jackson's voice chimes. I turn in the general direction it came from and nod before turning back. I hear footsteps on wood, like a porch...yes a porch. This was Jackson's house. Its all coming back now. Its a month after I lost my sight, I've been staying bunked at Jackie boys house. There's a ruffle of fabric and suddenly something light and warm on my shoulders. My body moves on its own pulling at the edges of the fabric, "I thought you might be cold out here alone so, I brought you a blanket..." Jackson said. "Thanks Jack...what...does it look like? Is the old wood swing still in the tree?" I ask. I could almost feel Jackson's smile, "oh yes! And the trees leaves are orange and yellow and red, its just like you remember. There, in the yard, are some squarls and blue jays. And the old bird house, it has a nest now!" he says, I smirk at the imaginary image popping into my mind. He was the best. There were birds chirping and I could hear the distant howling of wolves. "What time?" I ask. Jackson shuffled and I only assume he was checking his wrist watch. " four fifty six. Early," he says. I give a nod only to be rewarded by Jackson fiddling my hair again and calling me "sport". I felt my face heat up and knew instantly what I was doing. "Can I swing?" I ask, changing the subject. I hear him laugh a little before grabbing my arm gently and leading to the swing. He helped me sit down and hold on and he even started pushing me. "(Y/n).....(Y/n)...wake up!" I hear. I spring up and hear Jeff a voice cackling beside me. "Rise and shine bud. Slendy wants to see ya." Jeff says while walking away a bit. I feel for my mask and realise, yeah, I'm back. I slowly sit up and push myself off the bed. It creaks again, much louder than my original bed did. The faint scent of cigarettes fills my nose. "Was masky here?" I wonder. Jeff just replies "don't think." and exits the room. I tag after him and we both head to the kitchen where Slender man sits. "Good morning child." he says. No one looks at me meaning they obviously didn't hear him, so he was obviously using telepathy. I waved, "morning..." and sat down. I feel a vibration as someone plops down next to me. Jeff nudges me playfully, "hey! Do you like knives? Seeing as we aren't allowed to kill you might as well... You know... Get to know you, or somethin'" he says. I look over to him in thought. I leave my sense off this morning because my headache hasn't completely disappeared, using my sight would not be a useful thing at this moment. After a second of thought I nod, "I like knives. It could be fun. What time?" I ask for the time so I know exactly how to plan today. "Ah. Well, are you busy right after breakfast?" he asks. I shake my head. The energy he gives off is so strong I can tell he's smiling more than usual. Considering I'm blind you really have to think, how happy does he have to be for that? I smell cigarette smoke and slowly turn my head towards the entrance of said kitchen waving to masky slightly, "hey." I say blankly. He didn't say much other than "hey" back to me. So I returned to my breakfast. While I sit waiting for my plate to be served I try and get a grip on the whole 'house of murderers' thing. I pretty much know almost everyone, with the exception of the guy from yesterday. Over the three days of my being here, I have figured out this much: I know a lot of the people here, masky/Tim, hoodie/Bryan, laughing jack, eye less jack, sally, jeff, Jane and clockworth...who I am still not sure about. I mean why? Clockwork? Why is your eye a clock? You can't use it to check time is you can't see it! Unless....you can take it out...ewww I don't wanna know, not gonna ask. And there is also Nina. And Ben. Slender man, ticci Toby and Helen/bloody painter, but Helen isn't here much, and puppeteer who I'm still learning about. There is also...what's his name...smile dog? Yeah. The dog. Glad I'm blind because from what I hear he is scary, like super scary. So yeah...I know everyone-ish. I also know that slender has them pull their own weight. In the mornings they take turns cooking daily. Today was toby's turn. He made panacakes, I could smell them from here. I hear a chair move and realise Jeff got up from the table. He returns with a plate in each hand. Pulling myself out of thought I glance towards him, he then sets one plate in front of me. I decide to turn on my sense so I can at least see what he's doing. I mean really? What if he poisoned my food? Looking around at the figures through the corners of my eyes I realise that there are a lot of people. Ten at least. Turning my attention back to Jeff I see him take his fork and cut my food. He lifts up the fork to my dace, "come on. Try some!" he says. He seems so excited to see my reaction. I tilt my head down a bit and he gets the hint. He takes a bite and I can see the steam flowing out his mouth. The heat creates energy steady enough for me to see. The heat illuminates the shape of his mouth, which is extremely wide. Doesn't look natural. The heat bounces off the sides of his face and runs along it so well, I literally know exactly what he looks like. He swallows the piece and takes another forkfull holding to my mask. "Try it, its really good. Toby is probably who I want in the kitchen. Always. He makes pancakes and waffles and they are killer. No pun intended hahaha," he laughs and jokes and I sigh moving my mask slightly to the side. I reach out to take the fork but he grabs my wrist and holds the fork a bit too close for comfort. I open my mouth to speak but Jeff kinda took advantage of it. I'll admit the pancake tasted awesome, I will also admit that the heat rising in my cheeks was NOT because of the pancakes.
The rest of breakfast was pretty calm, some chit chat here and there, a few snarky remarks about Jeff and I. I can't figure out why I'm here. I laugh like its home and they treat me like one of them. I have never killed anyone in my life...so what's the deal? Breakfast is over and Lj is in charge of dishes today. I drop my plate into the sink carefully and then walk towards the exit, Jeff was waiting for me there. I make my way out of the kitchen and into pretty much the mansions living room. Jeff is standing at the door waving me over. I can feel my headache trying to return. In a slight moment of notice I pull my mask back down to hide the smile I gave away. I couldn't tell if he saw or not. I was only partcialy aware that he was ecstatic to know what we were about to do.
We make it outside and into the woods, practically the front yard, and we stop at a tree. Jeff walked over to me and handed me the knife he kept in his hoodie pocket. "Hit that spot there ok?" he says. I nod and make sure I don't miss. I knew where he meant. There were a lot of knife marks, he probably did that. He obviously practised here.
I aim my best and hurl the knife towards the energy. I miss. "Sorry, not very good at handling them..." I say. I, dissapointed at myself, sigh as he walks to get the knife. I hear him pick it up and, "no worries. Just takes some getting used to," he says. I grin behind my mask. After hours of practice I have managed to hit the tree a few times. When we got done it was dinner time so that was a plus, throwing knives at a tree for hours straight will make you quite hungry. I could smell the food from outside, it smelled like steak or...POT ROAST! We head inside and I practically sprint for the food. Its been a while since I have had a good roast. Like I can cook...heh. I plop down in my seat taking in the smell , eyes closed and everything. It was like a God send. The smell brought back a memory that only lasted a few seconds. I was probably eight or nine. Jackson had broke his arm because of some dumb stunt he did and his mom gave us pot roast for dinner. I remember he was smiling. I was smiling. Everything was fine. Then the memory fades. And its back to the darkness. I hear the dishes being shifted meaning everything a about ready and food is about to be served. As awesome a smell there is its quickly masked by a familiar scent. Masky was behind me, I could tell. I felt a hand on my shoulder and then, "after you eat...meet me outside. And bring your knife, the one I left you," he whispers. A chill was sent down my spine and his presence faded. He was going to wait for me outside? What about the food? Ugh, great...just what I need. Slender man hasn't called me to train today but I was training with Jeff and there has been really good food and now, this jackass is doing this. Way to ruin my day. I turn off my sight and what as everything goes black. I like the darkness, it hides the monsters before me.

Writers note:
Hope you guys enjoyed chapter 4. Sorry for the late update! If you find anything that needs corrected please feel free to let me know. Also thanks for reading! Tell me what you think masky is planning in the comments and let me know how you liked the chapter! 👋

Word count: 1795