Chapter 8. Memories

Ben finally got bored and went off to play games. I soon find myself in a world of insomnia. Its around four in the morning by my perception which is actually impressive. To think I haven't killed Ben yet. I toss and turn but can't seem to sleep. It's like there's something wrong with me. Finally I give up and sigh. I hop out of bed and make my way to the kitchen. A nice hot cup of coffee seems to be an order.
I lazily make my way to the kitchen and on my way I run into Ben. This time he doesn't try to annoy me though. As I enter the kitchen the smell of freshly made coffee hits me. Who made coffee?
"Can't sleep child?" a familiar voice whispers. I shake my head and re a h for the coffee pot. Its hot enough for the outline to be visable. "Something on your mind?" he asks. I glare at him through my mask, or attempt to. "You would know huh." I say mockingly. Slenderman simply sighs. "Jackson. Mm... I am sorry but you cannot leave and you cannot see him. Now, Jeff is going on a mission today to kill some school girls coming home from a party. You will be joining him." he says. I shake my head, "no way in hell!" I shout quietly. I'm met with static blasting in my ears. I grasp my head falling to the floor but all in vain. Its in my head. He is in my head. I growl and swipe up at him but something wraps around my arm. I pry at it with my right arm trying to unhook it. My wrist feels like it's going to break. Snap like a twig in a forest. I can feel all the adrenaline running through my body. I channel all my anger and adrenaline to the tips of my fingers. I can't control it but I can use it. Electricity build a in my fingers and blows up a small electric fusion. "Can't you read minds?" I mock. Slender pulls back as soon as the electricity hits him.
I step back as he releases me and sigh. "Look...I don't know why you let me get the best of you but I do know this. I'm not going to kill someone. Especially not some high school girls. Capise?" I spit. I can't tell his facial expression but I can tell he is pissed. "Fine... Then watch." he demands. I raise an eyebrow that he can't see and tilt my head. Was that meant to be offensive? I think to myself. Ender shakes his head. "You can see just fine." he says. I keep forgetting he is telepathic and keep having the fear someone will hear me...us... But really just me. I think hard on what to do. Go, or stay? If I go I can see how Jeff kills and all. Like watching the real life criminal minds or something. Jackson and I watch that a lot. He tells me what's happening while I listen. I hear gunshots and he says who got shot. I hear ripping noises he tells me if someone got stabbed. I hear crying he tells me why. God, I miss him so much... Maybe I can sneak away? To him? No... Not a good idea... I should just convince slender to let me stay here. Wait, now I'm trying to stay of free choice! This is way too much preasure! If I go I might happen across something I don't want to and if I stay its like, of my own free will and its cowardly and it makes me look weak. I press my lips in a fine line in thought. I look away from slender and to the floor, "...I'll...I'll go...." I say. I wince at my own answer. "Good child. Now, go grab your knife,"
"But I won't be us-"
"You may use it you may not. Doesn't matter. Just go."
"....yes...slender...."
A sick twinge in my gut tells me nothing can go right at this point. I wonder how slender didn't see the electricity move coming...? There's a shuffle of fabric before I hear, "I knew it was coming I just did not dodge. Giving you the advantage is not something I would like to do," he mumbles. I can't place my finger on why that sounds so familiar. I shake my head and walk out of the room and back up to my bed. I open my door and walk inside, and slowly I shut it as quietly as possible. There is a faint scent of smoke around my room which has me rolling my eyes in two seconds flat.
Masky had been in my room a few times so his scent kind of lingered. I sit on the edge of the bed and flop back letting my head hit the mattress. I let my feet sit on the floor as my body begins to relax. Only moments pass before I let out a content sigh. I sit up with caution and start pulling at my mask strings that are carefully tucked behind my ears. I finally get the string undone after a good thirty seconds or so and pull my mask down slow. I reach over to the side table and place the mask down. I stand up and walk to the door, locking it firmly.
I turn to my bed again and walk to it pulling up the blankets. I hop onto the bed kicking off my shoes and turning on my side. I leave my eyes open a second before yawning and falling fast asleep. Slender was so agitating... He really knows how to be an asshole...
My eyes open to a sky veiw. The sky is blue and pinkish. Looking beside me I see Jackson pointing at a cloud, "hey look! A bunny!" he says. I shake my head, "no silly! You're looking at it upsidedown! Its an octopus!" I giggle. My voice high and childish. I smile fondly at this memory. Its the day we ran away together. We ran into the forest and to one of his favorite hiding spots. A clearing. A beautiful colorful flower filled clearing. Everything fades and I'm pulled back to my room. I open my eyes to black and silence. I sit up slowly and growl. "Who's there...?" I snap. Silence again. I feel like there's someone directly in front of me... Staring at me...
I wave my hand in front of my face but there isn't anyone there. I slowly get up and try my sense. No one is there...
I shake my head and turn back to the bed climbing in and covering my head. I groan at myself and how utterly stupid that was. Slowly I drift back off to sleep. More and more memories pop up. From simple baking to skateboarding. From being able to see Jackson and mom and my little brother to...not... Everything just rushed over me. Emotions I had pent up felt like they were banging on my heart. I snap awake at a certain dream, one that left me especially uneasy. "Hey (y/n)...did you know about mom?" Jackson asks. I shake my head. "Yeah...me neither. I can't believe her, she is dealing drugs... All those pills she takes to stop her leg pain, they are just going to drug addicts .." Jackson's face is dark and painfully sad. My heart pained a beat. I leaned over to the side and lay my head on his shoulder. "Lets play a game..." I whisper. Jackson didn't do anything but simply said, " I don't feel like playing..." and at this I grew angry. "Oh, sorry but that wasn't a question. This is a game that I rarely play. So, wanna play truth or dare?" I ask. Jackson growls, "I said I do-" I cut him off quickly, "truth or dare.".
Hebstsred in silence. "I d-"
"Truth or dare ...''
"...truth.."
"Is it true you can hold your breath for 30 seconds?"
"Yeah."
"Show me"
He did and I laughed. He looked like a frog. We pushed and played and then we calmed down. I kissed his shoulder without thought and blushed a bit. "I love you Jackson..." I whisper. "I love you too. (Y/n)... We will always be best friends right?" he asks. My heart lurched at his comment. He was older but so naive. "Best of all friends ever!" I exclaim. His face wasn't dark anymore but full of joy. The memory spared me some and ended after that. I sit up in my bed. I use my sense and my new tricks to see if anyone is in my room. No one is. I stare at nothing but simply what is in front of me. Tears spill from my eyes as I cover my mouth hiding any accidental noise that escapes.

Its quite late in the day and there is a knock on my door. I place my mask on and walk to the door. "Ready? (Y/n)?" Jeff's voice chimes. I sink a bit and nod.

Word count: 1536