Chapter 31. My Own Two Feet.

You know, after around three months of laying in bed just listening to people, you get kind of bored. Personally, I'm dying of boredom.
Its crazy the stories I've heard, of me, of them, of the world around me... It's all so... Weird.
"Hey, you awake?" Jeff's voice chimes. I sit up slowly, the pain no longer as sharp. "Yeah I'm up. So... What time is it?" I ask. "About time for the others to get up. Still dark outside.  Probably around 8." he says as he sits beside me on the bed. "Tim?" all I had to say was that name, and I could hear the sigh in Jeff's voice. 'He's working for now. He'll be off of work later today though. After he showers off I'll send him in ok?" he says. He seems almost hesitant. "Thanks Jeff. But... Is he really important to me? He said we were together... And I've heard the stories..." the words spill from my lips without much thought.
It would tear him up if I said it to him... I know he avoids me because I can't remember anything ... But... I need to know... Who I am, and who he is to me.
"It pains me to say, but yeah... You guys are tight. You had a rough first meeting, and from there you fought like cats and dogs, but once he got hurt you... You changed your attitude pretty quickly. You used to try running away... But... It only took that one time for you to almost lose him for you to snap. There was no more denying it... You love Tim.. Even if you can't remember it..." Jeff explains. I take a moment to consider and give him a nod. "Ok... Think we can start over?" I ask. His lips are against my head again as he chuckles lightly. "No doubt about it shorty." he jokes. I giggle a bit nudging him a little with my arm still careful of my injuries. A fresh start would do well, getting to know old friends... sounds like a plan. I hum as Jeff leaves the room and I fall back asleep. My injuries should heal up soon... I'll be able to leave this room soon. Then, I can rejoin everyone. I wonder... what kind of world do we live in? 

Weeks pass and I've been officially bed ridden for another month. But today, I get up. I've only been out of bed for the bathroom for these past few months. I have Jeff help me with my bath. Mainly he just runs the water and helps me to the tub. Then he leaves the room. Tim visits sometimes but only for a moment. I don't really hear his voice often. When I do it's always something quiet and simple like a good morning. I hear someone's footsteps enter the room and without much thought I give a quiet, "Good morning." and Janes voice chimes, "Hey, ready to get out of that damn bed finally?" she asks. I give a quick nod sitting up slowly. She helps me up and hands me something, no, two somethings. I take the supposed crutches and place one under each arm to help keep me up right. When you haven't walked for a few months, you limbs are pretty much spaghetti. Jane places a hand on my back holding on to me slightly in the case I stumble. I smile a little finally being able to walk. It really makes me happy to stand on my own two feet, even with the crutches. I make my way over to the bedroom door with Jane by my side. Upon reaching the door there's a familiar scent that wafts into my room. "Masky??" I ask. Tim clears his throat and I can practically feel the nod. "I can't see remember?" I chuckle and joke. He takes a moment before he responds, "yeah, right... I'm sorry just..." I completely cut him off, "Hey look! I'm walking again! See?" I say proudly. I can hear him sigh and a rustle of fabric. Within moments Jane's hand is pushed away and Tim's arms are wrapped around me. I smile nuzzling him and hugging him back, even though I don't remember him, I know he cares. I can feel it. I just... Know.

We make it down stairs and into a wide open room. I can tell it's probably a living room by the rustle of fabric where people turn to greet me. "(y/n)! You're up!" "Hey! Welcome back to life hahaha," "Hello..." "Morning!"

I smile and look around in the direction of the voices. I guess they missed me more than I had realized. If only I could remember.... as I think that a pain strikes my head and I feel instantly dizzy. The grip around my shoulders tightens and then it hits me. I can remember.... I can remember his face... Tim's face! He wears a white mask and he has a little stubble he keeps shaved and.... "(y/n)? Are you ok?" Tim asks. I nod a little, "Yeah. I'm alright." I say with a smile. I can't help it, I remember a lot now. We're like this big family of orphans, and Slender is the dad. Wonder if anyone's accidently called him that hahaha. I make my way over to what I think is the couch and Tim helps me to sit down. Everyone floods me and starts asking how I feel and just surrounding me with questions and jokes and friendly banter. I wonder... "Hey, Where's Slender?" I ask. everyone freezes. The room is silent. "Business trip. He'll be a while, but he may be back in a few days." Jeff says. Everyone quickly goes back to joking around but... I wonder if that's really true...

word count: 969

ok I know it isn't long I'm sorry. But I've been busy. You guys leave in the comments how many words chapter 31 will have. Legit no joke. As punishment for taking forever, HOW MANY WORDS MUST THESE FINGERS TYPE?