Chapter 5. My Mask

Dinner went by like usual. Few chats. Much food, VERY good. Yada yada. I take my plate and drop it off and head outside, right after a meal AGAIN. The smell of cigarette smoke is faint so I try to follow the trail because, where there are cigarettes there is a masky. I walk around the mansion and hit a spot that makes me want to sneeze. Found him. My sense is turned on but he's not here, its weird. Look up... My thoughts randomly go to instinct mode. Upon this instinct mode I do things that are obviously logical. Like when someone is there but not on the ground behind, in front, or beside you, your first instinct being to look up. I look up to the roof and there is a figure with a small object, its hot to a point I can see it. Its masky no doubt. He tosses the cigarette away and jumps down in front of me. He gets close and slowly blows smoke in my face, I swat it away. I can almost feel his smile fade. "Do me a favor, (y/n)..." masky says to me, backing off slightly. I tilt my head a bit and he knows I'm listening, "follow me, and then you can decide if you want..." he says. I at this point am highly confused. Then I remember he's a murderer. My senses are all tense once that thought comes along. We head deep into the woods and for some reason masky decides we should huddle in a tree. We sit on a branch and then he speaks again, "you don't talk much huh?" he askes. "well...you ARE the one that kidnapped me..." I shrink slightly. "True" he says. I let out a breath I didn't known I was holding and looked toward a him, "so what did you need?" I ask. "Not much. Take off your mask. That's all," he leans closer which makes me uncomfortable in a way but...weirdly ok with it.
I subconsciously lift my hand to my mask to check if its on correctly. I hear him shift and I feel his hand approaching my mask. I panic slightly and swat his hand away. I jump down to the ground below which kinda stung, guess I was a bit higher up than I originally thought. I stand there a sec and then turn to him, "no....anything but my mask, I don't want anyone to see my face, so no..." I say. I hear heavy boots hit the ground and I already know he has jumped out of the tree and is walking up to me. He gets closer, enough so that I feel his breath on my neck. A chill is sent down my spine. There's a beat of silence and then he sighs. His heavy boots make a turn and he heads back to the house. I tag along. Slender plops in front of us and I almost have a heart attack, "JESUS CHRIST! SLENSERMAN WHAT THE HELL?" I yell. He speaks using his telepathy and tells me, "training starts soon. Get yout stuff ready." then he vanishes. I nod to myself a little and remember masky is right there. I feel my cheeks go warm and I get a bit embarrassed. Slowly I walk to the mansion and forget about Jackson. He hasn't crossed my mind in a bit, and he won't for a while.
I completely forgot about my past life for a while. I forgot that I was a prisoner. I forgot I was human. It took me a while to get that memory back and I don't know why I lost it in the first place. I just have to keep in mind I'm not a murderer.
Once I'm in the door I rush to the hallway. I run my hands along the doors feeling sally's sign, Jeff's cuts, a few others and then a symbol. My symbol. I open the door and walk in. Taking a deep breath I think hard of what I could need. I have my knife....what else? I can't think of anything much other than that so I sit on my bed and await my arrival. I hear static and then I feel my bed being ripped away from me. I stand as fast as I can and my feet hit solid ground. I stumble catching myself before I fall. Letting out a sigh of relief I straighten up. "Ready?" he asks. I nod taking my stance. I hold my hand out and focus all my energy to it. Then I focus on taking the energy from the things around me and redirecting them to something else. I can't feel it or see it but slender man says he can help with that. He telepathically sends me a photo. I was standing with my mask on. My position was like...one arm out and the other to my side. My legs slightly parted. I looked kind of like the water chick from "avatar the last air bender". I laughed at this. I swung my arm at the trees and they came down with the flames still there. Slender told me they were blue flames. I grinned to myself as I realise just how powerful I have become.

Word count: 890