Chapter 33. Safe

The kitchen is fished and we've made the basement a place to hide in case of another attack, for sally and Smile Dog mostly, I feel super tense, all the time, like it's coming. I know that Zalgo is out for us, but...                                                                "We need to prepare, we have rebuilt, now it's time to start on defenses, we'll start here and on the east corner," Tim stands next to hoodie over a table with blueprints to the mansion, a top view. He points to various places making plans, I can't see so I listen close to what he says. Jeff stands in the door way failing to frown and Ben hovers over us watching determined to protect his home. "I'll take the position here at six if someone can cover me at nine," Helen says pointing at the map. I can see everyone more clearly now that they have more energy, their aura's have expanded a bit, it's the heightened state of emotion. I listen closely to the plan before humming quietly to myself, Tim's aura now a yellow color. Almost a rusty gold. Lying?

After everyone has got shifts to guard outside and jobs setting up weapons to defend against attack I take Tim and step away leaving the rest to chat. We walk into the living room and I cross my arms, my face visible now as I no longer wear my mask. I Tilt my head and lean on my hips looking at him, "What did you lie about?" I ask. He shakes his head walking closer, the rustle of the fabric moving with him. "I really hate when you do that..." he grumbles placing a kiss on my lips. He's avoiding it... "Ma-.... Tim... Listen... Whatever you're planning.. promise me you'll stay safe..." I plead. Tim's aura fades to a light pinkish color flashing multiple colors from light blue to bright purple. He seems embarrassed, or perhaps a mixture of happy and sad... "I can't promise you that..." he says truthfully. I sigh lightly knowing that I won't be able to change his mind, "Then whatever you're planning... let me help." I wrap my arms around him begging whatever god there is to let him say yes. "It's not... I can't let you do that (y/n)..." he hugs me tight. I don't know what to do, I'm clueless in almost every situation, but this one has me the most lost. He's leaving and I know it...

"Child... Let him go..." Slender's voice echoes a moment though I don't sense him anywhere. I slowly let go of Tim and he turns from me. He changes from that sad but happy looking color, to a deep scarlet. I know what he's doing... He's gonna scout out whatever troops Zalgo is building up. I was able to take him down, weaken him, he's scared of me. He sends pawns to attack our home. He knows I can take him down. He knows we're preparing. Now, the one person I love is going to disappear for god knows how long. Tim is going to play hero... But at what cost? Am I going to lose him? Could I lose Tim? What do I do?

"Where's he going (y/n)?" Sally tugs at my shirt a moment. I smile rubbing her head, "He's setting up a few more defenses is all.." I show Sally no trace of fear or worry. Then i turn away from the door, I'm screaming inside to follow suit, but if I do, I risk getting caught. I risk my life, thus risking the safety of everyone else around me... It's better if I stay, but no matter how much I understand that, there's nothing to tell me otherwise that going with Tim is a bad idea. If i go I could protect him, but leave everyone else in the open. It's not easy to turn away from him, but I have no other choice now. I just hope he stays safe, and that I don't lose him...

Word count: 670.

OMG this took too long. HECKIN' WRITERS BLOCK!!!!!!           Anywho thanks for being patient!!! What's going to happen to Tim? Is staying behind really the best decision?  Is Zalgo really building an army? What do you expect from here? Is anywhere safe anymore? Find out in the next chapter for yourself!!