Chapter 21. Date!

As we leave I figure I might as well take a long look around. I need to remember what my surroundings look like. When my sight fades again, I'll feel kind of left out, so why not get a good baring on how pretty the place is.
We get to the car and I hop in the passenger seat. Tim gets in the drivers side and starts up the engine. "(Y/n)! Wait!" someone called. I turned to see who and I saw Helen. "Oh. Hi bp! What's up?" I ask. Helen stops at my window, "where are you guys off to?" he asks. "We were going to run to town for a bit. Nothing much." I explain. I'm not lying, it is just a trip to town, with perks. I get free food! "Ah.. I see... Well, if you guys are heading to town, uh, I guess I'll let you two go then...cya..." he says, but he sounded nervous. His aura was an awkward shade of orange and yellow. Nervous lying? But he didn't tell me anything... Or is he lying to himself about something?
I decide not to press though it is tempting to pry. "Yeah, but what brings you around? You're almost never here." I state. He shrugs and his aura changes to pink. What the bloody hell is pink!?! I can't see his face behind his mask but I can tell he's grinning. He puts his left hand on his head and holds his right up in the air in a shrug. He tilts almost his entire body only slightly, like he's trying to act innocent. "Just thought I'd drip by I guess." he says. His aura flashes the rusty yellow for a split second before turning a sort of pinkish purple color. I give up and nod to him. "We should get going. Bye now." Tim says. He starts driving and I look to him. We pull on the dirt road and his expression is unreadable. He quickly puts on a smile and looks to me, "I got a nice spot to go for food. How about we stop by Justin's?" he asks. I nod thinking about all the food they have there.

We drive for a bit having hit the main road a few minutes ago.
Soon I start seeing signs saying stuff like "gas station 3.1 miles" and such. Signs of civilization. I let out a content sigh and close my eyes. Being able to see all the trees pass me by and all the pretty colors and flowers. And the lake, I can see it again. It still hurts my head sometimes but I can see it.
Up ahead I can see lights coming into view. Town isn't much farther. Meaning food is coming!

We arrive at Justin's and I'm immediately excited. I can order whatever I want off the menu. The restaurant is indeed simple. Red booths. Usual tables. Cheap glasses. Gotta love it. Flowers decorate the outside in variant arrays of blues reds purples and yellows! Its simple yet sweet.
Masky and I walk in the glass door and puck a table. A waiter comes up and almost jumps at the sight of my mask. "Sorry... Here..." I say taking off my mask. I shy away from his gaze setting the mask beside me. The man looks at my face a second, mouth open in shock, but quickly corrects himself. He smiles and looks away from me at Tim. "Ready to order?" he asks cheerfully. Tim orders water and a small slice of chocolate cheesecake. And as for real food he orders steak. I take about the same, except I decide on strawberry-shortcake. The waiter sneaks a fee glances at my scars and my eyes and tilts his head. He turns to Tim waving his hand in front of his face. "I'm not blind thank you. My eyes are just silver. Now go get my food!" I demand somewhat playfully. I'm not angry at him. Annoyed maybe but, its funny seeing him freaked out like that. His eyes widen and he scurries away. I look at Tim and we both burst out laughing quietly. "You're so mean." stated Tim. I nodded trying to catch my breath.
The waiter returns with our food and still sneaks glances at my scars. I sigh, "Andrew. Its simply impolite to sneak. I got these scars when I was a kid in a house fire which my parents and younger brother perished in. My eyes were severely burned and I find it hard to see sometimes. But not so hard that I can't read your name tag." I spit. I say it somewhat calmly but its not really in an annoyed tone, more of a knoledgable one. I want him to know this information. He should know better than to stare. He might just be looking at a murderer. You never know though.
Andrew looks down at his name tag a second as if confirming it was his name. He then nodded and finished setting us up. Walking away he looked down at the floor. "Now that, was just out right cruelty." Tim announces. I wink at him and start eating. He checkles and shakes his head, digging in to his own food with the same amount of longing. A good meal is just what the doctor ordered. "After this I hear there's a good bar somewhere around here." Tim blurts. I giggle a little nodding to confirm. "Yes!" he says before his aura turns dark pinkish purple. Embarassed. I laugh a little and take another bite out of my food. Seems to me this date is going well. Not that it's a date or anything just that we are out together and having dinner! It's a hang out more so but still!
I finish my food quickly and grab my desert. "Oh sweet sweet shortcake." I mumble. Tim chuckles a little mimicking me. "Oh sweet sweet chocolate cheesecake!" he says a little louder than I did. I roll my eyes and take a bite of my treat. Its sweet alright. And oh so delicious!
Hope I don't get too drunk. My birthday wasn't very long ago and I'm legally old enough to drink now. But I seriously hope I don't get too drunk. If I barf, I'm done for.
We finish our dinner and walk out of the restaurant laughing and joking around. Then we look around for any sign of the bar. I hip in the car and Tim follows and we drive around. Guess we'll drive till we spot it.

Authors note!!!
The winner! Of the guessing game is!!!!!!