Chapter 4: Is it a Good Thing or a Bad Thing?

I closed the door and reopened it a couple of times. I pinched my cheeks, assuming that it was a dream, but I couldn't wake myself up. Or was it a dream? Kate and little Nathan vanished from the bed somehow.

That's not the bed we slept on...

I gave the bed a weird stare before noticing that it's not a hotel bed. What gave off the hint was that anime pillow. Why would a hotel provide a anime pillow? What are we in? Japan? It was a Naruto pillow. I cringed at the thought of those die-hard anime fans that would use their mom's credit card to buy anime merchandise. For some reason, hentai body pillows came to my mind and I'll just have to end the paragraph here.

I began to observe the surroundings. There was a desktop, near the window. It was a fancy computer set with a One Piece anime keyboard. For a split second, I began to put the puzzles together.

This use to be my room.

It's been a few years since I slept in this room. (Yes Kate, I'll admit that I am a weeb and a die-hard anime fan as well when I was a teenager.) There was a whole manga collection on the walnut shelf on the far right of the room. I descended downstairs to abruptly find my mom making breakfast and my dad reclining on the couch reading a newspaper.

He looked up.

"Oh hey Lin! I didn't know you would wake up 'this' early in the morning." To other people, they may assume that he might be speaking broken English and I think I'm the only one in the world that understands his peculiar accent.

"Dad.." I said as my eyes were beginning to be engulfed by my own tears. I held it back like a man. It's been a while talking to my parents after I moved in with Kate. This parent- and -son interaction was quite a novelty which lifted my heart a bit. It was a god given opportunity.

A god given opportunity......

My heart began to beat simultaneously as I darted downstairs and head straight to the kitchen. I flipped through the calendar that was nailed to the wall. The 20th of August was circled. August 20, 2010. To my realization, it was the start of my senior year in high school. There was a mixture of nervousness and a burst of joy in me. I ran upstairs and I could hear faintly of my father mumbling in the background: "What the hell is wrong with that kid?"

I opened the door to the bathroom again and looked at myself in the mirror. I am now the "teen" Lin. This is crazy! The teenage Lin  was very scrawny and tall. His hair was somewhat curly and wears a pair of glasses. Yep, that's him alright. I put my palm on the mirror and leaned forward aggressively.

"Listen, teenage Lin! From now on, the adult Lin will take over this body to make things right! For the sake of both of us! This is our one and only chance to save adult Lin."

For the first time, I no longer became an atheist since there was no scientific explanation or whatsoever of what and how and I'm here. But that's not important right now. God probably felt pretty bad for me and wanted me to change things around.

Sorry Kate and hello Vicky!

    . . . .

The teenage Lin had a red tie, a dirty white dress shirt, and brown ripped pants. Although ripped pants violates the uniform policy, it doesn't really matter to the eye of the school since I was the extolled kid in our school with excellent grades., a 6.4 GPA to be exact. I looked at the mirror one last time before leaving. I kept doing poses before noticing....

I'm late as fuck! It's the first day of school!

Surprisingly, this day escalated pretty quickly. The first day wasn't going accordingly with my original plan. I'm suppose to know what is suppose to happen on the first day with my memory. Now, I have no clue what is going to happen when I arrive at school.

It was already first period, and I'm glad that I still remember my roster perfectly. It was a history course. I apologized for my tardiness to Mr. Seth. It was quite embarrassing but that's not the worst part, what was worst was when he randomly assigned a seat for me and told me to sit in the far back right corner next to the window sill. But the person I have to sit next to isn't just any ordinary student....

It was Kate.

Seriously? If I remember clearly, when it was the first day of school, I arrived on time perfectly. But, I was still assigned to sit in the same seat with her. Goddamnit.