Chapter 1

I lay on the bed, too numb to move. Staring into the ceiling, my eyes blinking rapidly as a new tear makes its way down the cheek without giving a chance for the previous trickle to dry.

My heart aches as I try to count my inhale and exhale hoping I could fall asleep. Beside me, my phone on a constant vibration. Best friend’s trying to make sure, I was still able to keep myself alive. I didn’t want to die, I wanted to disappear or become invisible. After all I was pretty sure no one would ever miss me.

Face usually pink as rose when I cry, was pale as the snow as I tried holding back my tears. I didn’t want to show myself weak, I didn’t want to cry.

I turn sideways to switch off my phone, with a blurred vision I try to hover over a 100 whatsapp messages. My eyes laying on his “Dumbo” the chat screen read 36 messages. It’s been nearly 5 hours I have decided to zombify myself, trying to understand what happened.

I open his chat screen. Tons of abuses, then tears and hugs. A roller-coaster of emotions he showed within 36 texts. Begging me to pick my phone. I see his name flashing. I pick up the phone. Our voices so beautifully complementing the night. Still and subtle. Both of us aware how the receiver is being given water wash with the salty tears. We breathe hard, yet fail to utter a word.

As though catching my thoughts, he finally speaks out “Don’t hang up, I need you.”  My brain making a mental compromise with my senses as I feel his warmth, arms around me for one last time. I shriek and throw my phone away.

Drunk in this madness, I let out every shout into my head rest. Knowing this is the end, I doze off into a trance I had forever been waiting for.