Chapter 10

Day 1 - India

A 5 day wedding. Yup, thats what I had to attend and who’s wedding. My ex- best friend. I dreaded to have to go to it. Could there be a way out?  A million thoughts ran in my mind on the way home. I was already missing Naksh. I kept thinking what to do if I lose my cool? What if I break down?  Sure, Deepti would be there. But things had changed now. I got more confined in him.

I exited the airport and switched on my phone “17 calls!!!” I knew he would be so damn pissed off at me.

I still gave my best try and he put the phone down. Failed, I got into the cab and called mom.

“Haan, Ma. I have reached. Will be there in another half hour. Why is there so much traffic in the mid-afternoon?” I put my phone down in anger.

Naksh called and we talked. He had a date. And i was worried on how he was gonna take care of it. He never went on dates. Not once. This was his first and i wasn't there. I had no clue as to what he was gonna do.

I reached home finally after moving on zombie pace. I hugged mom, dad and Zoe my babe. How I missed her? Her hugs were the warmest. Warmer than Naksh’s. I would be killed if he knew this.

I unpacked and plonked on the bed exhausted. My mom marched in and threw a pillow on me.

“Ouch" i shrieked. “What is it?  Ma" I glared

“Get up and see this.” She said

A suitcase. In it a lehenga,another lehenga, another lehenga and a saree with matching ornaments.

“Whats this?? “

“Your dress for 5 days. Today this blue salwar. Tomorrow Yellow and orange lehenga. Then Next day morning black with golden, evening Pink. And on wedding this Red saree.”

“Ma. I am not getting married. Pratyush is..”

“I know. But there’ll be a lot of people in wedding. Someone might ask your hand.”

I facepalmed myself. Maybe I should have brought Naksh along and said he’s my boyfriend. Maybe then she would have been calm. I was about to respond, when Deepti walked in.

“Ha, Beta. Come in. Put some sense into your friend. Ask her to dress up like a girl once in a while. Always in torn jeans and tee shirt. Who will marry her??”

“Soap Opera mataji. Go make samosas, I am hungry" i said smiling.

She left and I turned to Deepti. I hugged her. Damn I am missing hugs.

“So, how's the cutie in your room?” She winked.

“Naksh?!  He and cute. Lol, you are joking right.”

She was still smiling.

“He’s good. Has a date tonight with an italian chica"

“WHAT!!  I thought you both bother together “

“Nope. After Pratyush none. Technically speaking we weren't together. But still…” I trailed off “By the way you tell me. You and Hiram. How the hell?!”

“Yup.” She blushed. “You know. A date. A walk hand in hand. A hug. A kiss. It does the magic"

I laughed at how could it happen. I had done almost all these with Naksh. We had date every weekend. He can't even cross roads properly always holds my hand. Hug is our wake up call. Did that mean I loved him??  Nah. I don't know. Maybe.

I was waiting for 11 o'clock. I switched on my laptop. Opened skype. *Connecting User* The screen blinked.

“HEYAAAA babe. What happened" I asked my eyes widened than usual.

“What are you eating? “

“Umm...Pizza.” I said holding up the box

He wouldn't turn. He was pissed off. I heard his doorbell. He went to attend and came back screaming and hopping.

“I love youuuuuu.” He screamed opening his pizza box.

--------------------------------------------

PARIS

“Tinkerbell, You think you’ll eat pizza without me” I laughed. “ This isn’t Papelli, because that’s reserved for us. Pizza de as this time. Who keeps an ass name?”

“Ya. I asked Ryan to order it for you. Midnight snack for long talks”

“Ummm. Pizza is good though, not a margherita, a medium sized crust with extra cheese, Not bad as it’s name.. What are you eating though, give me some”

“Same as you. Babe temme about the date!! “

“Was Good. But Babe, she touched my hand the moment I sat down.. I was taken aback. I didn’t eat much as well”

“Um. So no good uh?! Meh, it's okay.”

“Not bad as well, but she was more inclined on talking, more boasting, than knowing about one another. I wasn’t inclined to talk, was hearing airly and the only thing I heard was that, she is 19 and had almost 7 dates, I’m her 8th, and she’s a wonderful flirt, she told that my face would look better clean shaven, smooth and silky, well, you know.. Godd. I talked so much”

“Clean shave. Yuck. Don't even try that. I know that look of yours. You are cute face this way. And wtf!!!  19 and 7 dates?? Maybe i should find someone too. Don't you think?! I was talking to Deepti even she has someone. And I don't know, i am feeling weird since then. I should be open and find someone i think. What do you say? “

“I don’t know to be honest. I felt bad when she touched my hand. First I would say, come home, we’ll sit down and talk, and then we’ll decide. Goshh I miss you”

“I miss you too. Have to sleep now. I'll text you tomorrow.”

“Wait……, Hear River. I’m hearing that now”  

“OK"

“I never told anyone this for a long time. But I miss seeing your stupid gorgeous face” and I switched of the lap.

That was fun. And the date, Man, how can that girl do that, 7 dates in a span of 1 year. I never even had a date yet it’s painful, even now. Aayushi is right though, I’m a moron. I must not lose my temper the next time.

It was almost 10 when I walked to the balcony, a mug of coffee and saw the moon.

“Wait” I exclaimed. Even moon had that shape of Aayushi’s face

“It’s beautiful”