Chapter 2

“So, everything starts with us and ends at us” he giggled

“umm…so infinity, that’s what we are ..” I replied

“More like zero..you know zero is Indian , can make a difference and is unique…”

He trailed as he demeanigly devoured into the last piece of the chocolate cake. I could only laugh at his crazy explanations.

My tummy grumbled and I was confused for I was eating half a chocolate cake…another grumble. I opened my eyes, the sunlight exposing its way through the cornea. My head hurt as if I was sober.

I put my feet down and instantly fell on the bed again. I was weak both physically and mentally. The hunger got to the better of me.  As I made my way to the kitchen, the door bell rang.

“Amazon Delivery” the guy announced. I get the package partly worrying if this was a result of any stupidity I had forsaken last night.  I open it only to find the pretty ear-rings I had forever been waiting to buy, along with it a note that read “Happy Birthday weirdo”. I smiled, my nose finally pink and face warm.

I walk to the refrigerator and look for a decent meal. Leftover chocolate cake from last night. I don’t if it was the disgust of the state I was in or the disgust for him ‘thump’ I threw in the trash.
I wanted sleep owing to the fact that I had just woken up.

After what seemed like ages, I felt faint voice around me.

“Your mom has been calling you for the last 5 hours ! Are you even alive !” I open my eyes as I see her figure walking to and from the bed corner.

Deepti, my best friend. She knew I would wreck myself someday like this. She was a psychic, something she is confident about.

“Ouch !” I shout as she throws a pillow at me.

“Wake up you useless thing…It’s your birthday. Let’s go out!”

“From this birthday onwards I am not going to celebrate…lemme sleep….” I trail off.