Chapter 5

PRESENT DAY

2 years now sitting in a bar I having my favorite cognac and he's  the same, having an orange smoothie and a pizza

With me staying strong and steady after gobbling up a pitcher of cognac, and here he is, dancing with the glass of smoothie on his head, hearing my laughter on me being high after two pizzas.Yeah, eating large pizzas makes someone high, isn't it?
Oh well, nothing's changed

I look around to ask someone to get him in a cab. Dave pulls my arm and pushes me into a crowd of people. Someone asks "Truth or Dare", office parties are such a bore, i tell myself. Truth, I speak out.

Well tell us u r most embarrassing memory shouts some one from the crowd. I sigh and anxiously look at him over at the bar talking to some random women. I turn back and say "telling my best friend, I fell in love with him" and everyone laughs. Where is your best friend now, dave nudges. Well to all you people who have not seen a drunk person. Take a look I point out at him.The guy who gets drunk after two rounds of pizza

Everyone wondered how is that possible, as I am a self conscious and controlled, and he looks so lousy and a funny git.
Hmm. I thought, it's true, you can never understand a person on the way he acts on a bar

I excuse myself and pull Ryan out. I try to speak without laughing but somehow it seems impossible. Maybe I am drunk, I think to myself.

"Can you get an Uber. Hes drunk! " I exclaim to him.

"Aayushi , you are drunk. He is over eaten. Learn the difference." He mocks.

Idgaf and pull out his phone and randomly book a cab. He tries to lift you up. But he cant stop lauging too.

"We'll find Chandler. Yeah we will." He screams and stops every guy on the way from the table to the entrance which is like 10 feet away.

"Naksh, I already have Chandler. Dont get me rifled now" I hit his head while me and Ryan try to carry him to the cab.