Captured

Warning: angst

Legolas and (Y/N) were out on a routine patrol expecting to see an orc pack or two and easily take them down. They were right in their anticipation; one orc pack killed instantly with their group of 8 elves.

Another pack came into view and Legolas ordered an attack. (Y/N) fired her bow until she was close enough and pulled out her daggers. She sliced, dodged, and blocked without a single scratch on her. Her skill was obvious to anyone who watched her. Her graceful movements and ability to anticipate her enemy's next move were unparalleled, allowing her to be advanced in her fighting skills.

The attack did not last long when only a few standing orcs were still in sight. (Y/N) could see every member of the patrol and Legolas was not far away from her. They rarely left each other's side when fighting. They made a great team and always had each other's back.

The smell of smoke reached (Y/N)'s nostrils and she turned her head to see where it was coming from. One of the nearby trees was burning; an orc must have set it on fire. They have no respect for nature.

Before any of them knew it, the battlefield was a gray blur of smoke. (Y/N) coughed and squinted her eyes that watered at the pain of the smoke. She couldn't see two feet in front of her.

"(Y/N)!" Legolas called, panicking slightly that he had lost sight of her. If he couldn't see in the smoke, then neither could she and he didn't want an orc to attack her off-guard.

Before she could yell back, something blunt hit (Y/N) on the side of the head and she immediately collapsed on the floor unconscious.

Legolas took two steps and called her name again only to be met with the same fate.

~~~ time skip ~~~

(Y/N) awoke to her hands tied around the back of the chair and her legs tied to the legs of the chair she was sitting in. She blinked hard a few times attempting to bring her sight into focus and remember what happened and what she was doing there. The room she was in was dark with the only light illuminating the room emanating from candles lining the walls.

Sitting across from her was Legolas who was tied the same way but with a cloth in his mouth. His eyes betrayed the calm composure the rest of his body was faking. (Y/N) was greatly concerned for what was about to happen to them since she had never seen Legolas like that.

A hand grabbed hold of (Y/N)'s jaw and yanked it up toward a dirty and ugly scarred face. "Hello, Princess. Glad you decided to finally wake up. You're a lot prettier than I imagined even with that bruised lump on your head."

Legolas squirmed at his comment. His brows furrowed and he wanted to seem menacing and intimidating but the man took no offence from the attempt. Legolas was stuck and couldn't protect his elleth.

The man grunted at Legolas's shifting and turned his attention back to (Y/N), "Now tell me Princess, where is the secret entrance into Mirkwood? I know there is one and it is unguarded. All I need is to borrow a few things from the palace and I'll be out of your way."

'More like steal,'  (Y/N) thought.

"You think us humans are uncultured but I've heard rumors of the secret ways into the elven realms, and I want to know Mirkwood's," the man continued.

"I'll never tell you," (Y/N) spat in disgust.

"Thought you might say that," he retorted as he let go of her and grabbed the dagger out of its sheath that was resting on his waist. The man placed the blade of the dagger along her cheek, "but I thought you might reconsider after some negotiation."