Breaking Chains

Request: Legolas saving Y/N from slavery @SilverTears1

(Y/N) walked blindly, being steered by her favorite elf. He covered her eyes with his hands, promising not to let her bump into anything. When Legolas finally released his hands from her eyes, the world became blinding. The light eventually faded into a rich green that surrounded (Y/N). They were in a clearing along a babbling stream that made everything else seem insignificant. There was a beautifully embroidered blanket laid before their feet with a delicately arranged picnic full of (Y/N)'s favorite foods.

A smile grew wide on her face and she turned to Legolas. "This is beautiful!" She beamed.

Legolas chuckled, "I thought you'd like it. Here, take a seat," he offered her his hand and helped her sit down. He then situated himself next to her so they could both take in the breathtaking scenery.

They chatted and laughed all afternoon, losing track of time, but neither elf cared. (Y/N) was purely content while Legolas developed sweaty palms as his heart raced. This was it. This was the moment he was going to ask (Y/N) to marry him. He patted his pocket making sure the ring was still there. He then placed his hand around the box the ring was in, ready to pull it out. Legolas turned slightly towards (Y/N) and took a deep breath.

Before Legolas could say anything flaming arrows came flying towards both of their heads. They ducked and looked for where their attackers were. Legolas protected (Y/N) by placing his body over hers and dragged her onto her feet, pulling her towards the woods to go back to the palace. He was stopped by some hooded figures and felt a tug on his arm. (Y/N) was being ripped away from him. As he turned to reach for her, someone grabbed his other arm and pulled him to the ground.

"Legolas!" (Y/N) shouted.

Legolas could only manage half of (Y/N)'s name before he was hit in the head and knocked unconscious. But before he completely blacked out, he heard, "We only want the girl, leave him."

Legolas awoke to a pounding headache. He gradually sat up, rubbing his head, and looked around. He saw the picnic blanket with the food sprayed everywhere and then he remembered what happened. It had all happened so quickly. He jumped up almost falling back down again. Legolas anchored himself onto the tree next to him desperate not to fall unconscious again. Once he steadied himself, he returned to the palace.

Everything was cold, dark, and unfamiliar. Wherever (Y/N) was, the place reeked. Her clothes were tattered and filthy. Her face was dirty and had speckles of blood on it. All she remembered from the forest was being torn away from Legolas and then watching him be attacked as she was dragged in the other direction. (Y/N) felt so alone; she just wanted to go home.

There was a creak and light filled the tiny room she was being kept in. An arm pulled her to her feet and led her to another room. As she walked the heavy chains around her hands clinked.

"So, this is the new addition to my collection?" The man with the scar along his face said. He had a rough voice and was dingy from head to toe. He was clearly the leader, wearing nicer clothes than all the other men.

"Yes, sir," the man holding (Y/N)'s chain like a leash replied. "She's a pretty one too. We found her with the elf prince."

"Mmmmm," the man with the scar grumbled. "Good work boys. There's wine in the basement with your names on it."

The man walked toward (Y/N) with his hands behind his back, circling her to examine her beauty. "You'll fit in beautifully," he stated while stroking her hair.