Little One

(Y/N) turned over onto her back carefully with her swollen belly. Her husband felt the movement and slid his arm over to her, leveraging himself above her head. (Y/n) giggled feeling the movement of the bed. She opened her eyes to see Legolas staring down at her all gooey-eyed, "Good morning, meleth nin." He lowered himself connecting his lips to hers.

(Y/N) hoisted herself into a sitting position with her stomach protruding in front of her. Legolas looked down to it and placed his hand on the center. "Good morning, little one," he then placed a kiss on (Y/N)'s stomach and proceeded to talk to the baby. "Your nana and I can't wait to meet you. You are going to be the most handsome prince or beautiful princess. You will be loved by all the kingdom and will become a fearless leader."

(Y/N) could not help but smile at Legolas's words and actions toward their unborn child. They were both thrilled to be starting a family and could not wait to meet their little one.

Legolas leaned up to kiss (Y/N), hovering over her. He deepened the kiss with (Y/N) leaning into it. Suddenly, (Y/N) gasped with her hand going straight to her stomach. Legolas's head snapped down to where her hand was. His brows furrowed with concern as he looked back up at her scrunched up face.

"I'm so sorry! I didn't mean to hurt you or the baby!" Legolas was shocked at what he had done and did not know if he could forgive himself.

(Y/N) slowly looked up to Legolas with a plain expression with realization sitting in. "You didn't hurt me. Give me your hand," she placed his hand gently on her bump.

Legolas didn't understand until he felt it. A little foot pushed his hand upward. He gasped and smiled rubbing (Y/N)'s belly returning to talking to the baby.

After what seemed like hours, the pair finally got out of bed and headed to see what the rest of the kingdom was up to.

"There you two are!" exclaimed Thranduil. "We have guests that have been awaiting your presence," he said motioning towards Arwen and Aragorn.

(Y/N) gasped as Arwen ran over to her and embraced her tightly. "You are absolutely glowing, mellon!"

"Thank you," (Y/N) blushed.

"You look very well," Aragorn added, "and so do you, ada-to-be," Aragorn laughed as he placed his hand on Legolas's shoulder.

Arwen took (Y/N)'s arm and they strolled out to the garden with Legolas and Aragorn trailing behind. Each pair were deep in conversation when some peculiar noise came from the bushes. It was a high-pitched scream mixed with wailing. Before she knew it, Legolas was shielding (Y/N) from the direction of the bush. His arms surrounded her swollen form as his back faced her. "Return to the palace with Arwen immediately," he said harshly. It was clear that Legolas was tense and feared what might jump out of the bush to harm his wife and unborn child.

But before Arwen and (Y/N) could take a step, a child ran out of the bushes screaming his head off about an elleth, who followed at the boy's heel, for stealing his wooden sword.

Giggling erupted from Arwen and (Y/N) as they saw the children run off. "It would have been a real shame if one of those kids had come toward us," Arwen teased.

Legolas was slightly angry for those children could have been orcs for all they had known, but he was relieved that it was no threat.

(Y/N) cuddled Legolas's arm and said, "Let's go back inside where it's safe."

Legolas nodded, comforted by the feeling of his family's safety. He placed his arm around her waist. In return, her head rested on his shoulder and her hand laid on her belly. They strolled back into the palace where all of them were safe from harm.