Breathtaking

Butterflies filled (Y/N)'s stomach, flittering and fluttering all about. Her breath was uneven and her hands held a subtle tremble. But this was a good nervousness.

(Y/N)'s maid placed decorative flowers in her hair. They were (F/C) to compliment her (H/C) strands perfectly. The flowers matched the color of her gown; a dress that accentuated her curves. It was a plain gown, yet sophisticated. Her long locks gently flowed down her back holding a tight wave; the hairstyle she always chose for fancy occasions.

(Y/N) put her most beloved necklace on. It was made completely of small diamonds in the shape of a shining star. The star sat right in the center of her chest, standing out against her pale skin, and the chain fitting in the grooves of her collar bones. It is the best gift she has ever received. It was given by the one she loves most in this world, Legolas, as a symbol of his affection for her. He always says that she shines so brightly like the brightest star in the sky. He is the night sky and she is the shining star in it; she is the focus of his entire world.

The necklace looks kind of like this:

            Once (Y/N) was ready, she made her way down to the ballroom where massive doors opened in front of her

Once (Y/N) was ready, she made her way down to the ballroom where massive doors opened in front of her. When overlooking the balcony, she could see masses of elves busy chatting away. (Y/N) gripped onto the banister as she descended one of the large, slightly curved staircases. As she lifted her foot for the first step, all heads below turned their attention on her. The room went quiet as they watched (Y/N) descend each step.

As she neared the bottom, (Y/N) found some familiar crystal blue eyes looking at her. But they were not merely looking, they were admiring and taking in her figure. They contained a glint and demonstrated deep adoration. These eyes belonged to the ellon waiting at the bottom of the stairs for her, Legolas. He had a huge grin on his face that made (Y/N) blush and look away from him. He offered his hand and she took it. He delicately held her hand so as not to break it and guided her down the last step.

"You look... breathtaking, as always, meleth nin," Legolas complimented.

"Thank you, Legolas," (Y/N) blushed.

Before they knew it, a bunch of their friends had gathered round and could not stop saying nice things to (Y/N). It was true, she was breathtakingly beautiful that night and everyone in the room noticed.

After some small talk, Legolas became antsy, "Would you do the honor of dancing with me?"

"Of course," (Y/N) winked.

Legolas lead her to the dance floor and then through the dance. Their moves were so smooth and in sync, making their dance mesmerizing to anyone who was watching them. Their fingers were intertwined on one hand and (Y/N)'s other was wrapped around Legolas's shoulder with Legolas's free hand wrapped around (Y/N)'s waist pulling her close to him. After a few dances together in which they talked and laughed together, never losing the smile from their faces, (Y/N) rested her head on Legolas's shoulder and he continued to sway them both.