|9|

Cassie did something she never thought she would. She bought a dog and named it Lewis. Honestly, it was an act of desperation when the COO called her and informed her that the board thought she was more valuable representing the company with the rest of the team making it to the cover of many magazines each weekend. Really, she just didn't know who to blame and just blamed it all on Lewis for making her regret ever accepting her position at Mercedes.

So she bought a dog and named it after him. The dog was a cute furball... Well, as cute as the inspiration of the name... Cassie thought and cursed for ever thinking that thing.

But there she was, walking down the path to the Mercedes garage once again in Silverstone. She was getting mentally exhausted by all this. Frankly, she just needed to be back to her office, trying to fight Amanda's stupidity and running a company.

Or maybe she should quit and begin one of her own. Think about it, no more Amandas, no more pathetic coffee in the morning, no more emotions, no more Lewis Hamilton.

She cringed at the last and the dog barked and ran away. She blinked and cursed. "Fuck, Lewis. Come back here." She shouted at the dog but it didn't even turn to look at her. "Stupid dog, as stupid as the real Lewis."

She trailed the dog around a corner and froze. Cassie pursed her lips and stared at the scene before her. No, the universe was just being a tremendous bitch.

Lewis' tail moved from side to side as Lewis rubbed his spine and chuckled. He was at his knees playing with the internal furball. No, that dog wasn't cute anymore, it was demonic and needed excorcism. Cassie cleared her throat, forcing both Lewises to look up at her.

"Lewis, come here." Hamilton frowned. "Not you, idiot! The dog." She bent down and grasped the white fur ball from Hamilton's hands.

Lewis stood and looked at her sadly. "Is that another one of your jokes?"

"I don't make jokes." She placed the dog down and held his leash firmly. "The stupid dog is supposed to be trained."

Lewis blinked. "Cassie, if I have offended you in any way--"

"Offended?" Cassie cut in. "I am not offended. I am just feeling an indifference that itches me. It'll go away in a couple of hours."

Lewis nodded and Cassie glared at him. She shook her head and sighed. "What is it, Hamilton?"

"Pardon,"

Cassie rolled her eyes. "Do you always act like this when a chit doesn't sleep with you?"

"I don't know what you mean."

"I bet you slept with that Sarah girl after the race. You shouldn't be like this. Cheer up, I even named my dog after you."

"I didn't... I couldn't..." He trailed and shook his head. "Just forget it. What's wrong with you?"

Cassie shrugged. "Star showers yesterday night. I think they bring me headaches."

"What?"

"Nothing you'll understand."

"What do stars have to do with your mood?" Lewis shook his head. "No, don't answer. I don't want to know." He turned around and made to walk back to the garage.

Cassie rolled her eyes. "Lewis,"

He stopped and turned to look at her. "I hope you don't mean the dog."

Cassie shook her head. "No, I meant you."

"Yeah?"

"Daniel and Theo are preparing another prank at the Ferraris. Do you want to join? They asked me too."