|10|

The race had been fairly successful. Lewis didn't come first. He came second after Valtteri won the race. He was fine with second albeit a bit relieved that he managed to come above Vettel. He was on a generally good mood.

Cassie, on the other hand, believed that someone had exercised sorcery on her. The dog had run away, she couldn't find it and she gave up and that was all. God save Lewis wherever it was. It was a beautiful dog, fluffy and cute, but even the dog couldn't stand her. She jokes about it with Theo and Daniel who winked and told her it was fate.

Cassie had decided to go to the after party. Which was by far out of her spectrum. She just didn't do this kind of stuff. It was a bad idea. Probably one of the worst she's had for a while. But there she was holding a flute of champagne in her hand and stared at the trees ahead. Despite having shaken hands with almost all of the crowd in there and congratulated all of the Mercedes staff, she still felt a bit off. To be honest she didn't fit in this places, but Cassie only ever fitted in libraries. She'd be Madam Pince if she ever was a Harry Potter character.

She didn't even drink that stupid bubble wine. She better drink soap than that. Cassie sometimes indulged in a bit of red wine. And that was when she was in the mood when she wasn't she just drank the usual; water with olives just to show it was a martini and everyone would leave her alone. Theo was off somewhere probably with Daniel and Max fixing up some genius prank.

Cassie huffed at herself and took a look under the balcony she was standing. Grass and nothing else. Good. She extended her hand and poured the liquor on the grass.

"Such a waste."

She pursed her lips and placed the glass on the table beside her. "Where's that girl you came with?"

Lewis smirked and came to stand beside her. Looking out at the woods in the same direction she did. "You never lose a chance, don't you?"

Cassie made a questioning sound and grimaced. "Do you always lose your escort? I knew they were brainless but not that much."

"You're jealous."

Cassie laughed throwing her head back softly. The red lipstick highlighted her lips and Lewis just stared.

"That was a good one. You made me laugh. You're developing humour."

"You are jealous."

"You're smart."

"Thank you."

"It was a joke."

"I didn't laugh."

"I don't care."

"I want you to be my girlfriend."

"Right, and I want to become the Pope, but--" Cassie's eyes widened. She turned her head fast and stared at Lewis for a moment before turning back to the trees. Damn, the trees did look better. Cassie swallowed dryly. "Lewis Hamilton, you are officially mad."

"Why?"

"Tell me you're just joking around and Daniel asked you to prank me?"

"No, I honestly want you to--"

"Right. Right." Cassie cut in. "Look, I want to date the Canadian President but that's not going to happen anytime soon. So, snap out of it."

Lewis rolled his eyes. "You like me, admit it."

"I think you are a good driver and just a bit smarter than Daniel but that doesn't change anything."

"Cassie,"

"No, my dog ran away this morning and my sister doesn't pick up the phone and Amanda is not going to be reassigned to someone when I go back to the office and the freaking star showers continue and my head ache is monumental."