Chapter 5

When morning came I got up and stretched. I ran my hand through my hair and let out a sigh feeling how dirty it was. It's been three days since I came here, and it's been three days without bathing.

I stood up and looked to see that Rin was still fast asleep. It must be early. I thought to myself as I noticed that the sun was barely giving off light. I guess I went to sleep earlier than I had thought. Well I guess I can wash off somewhere, while the others sleep.

I grabbed my backpack and began to walk towards the forest. I was about to go pass some bushes when I felt a hand grabbed my wrist. I turned around to see Sesshomaru looking down at me.

"Where are you going?" he asked me.

"Um," I said surprised by his presences, "I'm going to find a stream or a lake to wash off. It's been a few days and I'm filthy."

"Hn, a mile from here to the east is a lake. I do not sense any demons close by. You shall go." he said and I nodded my head giving him a thanks, before walking off to where he had told me.

Sesshomaru had been right. There was a lake and I was all alone. I smiled and felt the water. It was slightly warm, due to the air temperature from the day before. I set my backpack down and got out a set of clean clothes and underwear, before stripping out of my filthy ones.

I got into the water quickly and let out a sigh as I sat there for a moment. It felt nice. I dipped my head and scrubbed it a bit before raising it out of the water to get some fresh air. I swam for a bit and scrubbed my body as best as I could without soap.

I swam back to land and got out getting dress. I brushed my hair with the hairbrush that was in my pack and glanced down at my filthy clothes. I could probably wash them to get rid of the dirt. I set my hairbrush back into my pack before washing my clothes.

Once they were clean, well the best that I could get them, I went back to camp. I set my clothes by the fire to dry. I sat down next to Rin and stoked the fire so it would die, and so I wouldn't freeze due to my wet hair.

I closed my eyes for a moment and must have fallen asleep, because next thing I know the imp was poking my cheek with his staff, shouting at me to wake up. I raised up angrily and grabbed his stick.

"You little toad! Stop poking me!" I shouted at him as I set his staff down.

"Imp! I am a imp!" he shouted as I rubbed my eyes.

"Good morning, Kaori!" Rin said cheerfully, "I found some berries for you!"

I looked down at her hands that she held out.

"Thank you, Rin." I told her as I took the berries from her.

"You're welcome, Kaori. Hm, you changed your strange clothes." Rin said as I ate some of the berries.

Strange clothes? Oh, yeah! The people in this time don't wear 21st century clothes. Silly me.

"Oh, yeah. I washed off earlier this morning. You should too, before we leave." I told her and she shook her head quickly.

"I don't wanna. Can't we play before we leave?" she asked me.

"Okay, we can play, while you wash off." I told her placing my hands on my hips.

"No." she said crossing her arms.

"Please, Rin. I'll give you a piece of chocolate." I said and held up the bar of chocolate from my bag.

"Chocolate? What's that?" she asked me.

"It's this sweet delicious treat. You would love it." I told her, "So how about it?"