Chapter 38

After being kidnapped and returning back to Inu Kimi's palace time had gone by quickly.

I visited Rin as much as could and while visiting her, I also visited Kagome and Inuyasha in which Sesshomaru found it to be annoying.

But I did not care. They were my friends and Inuyasha was much like the brother I never had. We argued constantly, but it was all in good nature.

"It's almost time for you to give birth is it not?" Sesshomaru asked me as we laid in bed.

His head was resting on my large stomach listening to our child beating heart. I smiled as I ran ny hands through his long silver hair.

"Yes, the healers are saying I may be having our child in a week or so." I told him.

I was nervous, scared and excited for that day. I know it would be painful and life threatening, but I do not care. All I want is to see my child's face and hold him or her in my arms.

"Are you scared?" he asked me.

"Yes, but I am also excited." I told him.

"As am I." he said.

"You, excited? I doubt it." I chuckled jokingly.

"Do you doubt me?" he asked removing his head from my stomach.

"No, it's just you don't get excited that much." I told him.

"I get excited all the time." he said as his eyes scanned my body slowly.

I blushed and looked away. Sesshomaru placed his hand on my chin and made me look at him.

My heart began to beat quickly as his face came towards mine. He pressed his lips to mine in a loving passionate kiss. I felt him lower me backward on the bed.

As we kissed I began to feel a sharp pain in my abedomen. I stopped kissing him and pushed him away as I sat up. I placed my hands on my stomach.

"Oh, god." I gasped feeling something wet, "I think it's time."

"Hn," Sesshomaru got off the bed quickly and left the room.

I bit my bottom lip as a surge of pain came. I let out a whine and clentched the bed sheets.

The doors were slammed open and Inu Kimi walked in with some healers behind her.

"Who knew today was the day my grandchild would be born!" she said happily as I glared at her.

Sometimes I hated that cheerfulness of her. She could at least be a bit concerned that I was in PAIN!

At moments like these time seemed to slow down. It took seven long and painful hours for my child to come out.

"It's a boy!" the head healer said holding the slime covered baby.

I smiled widely as I cried tears of happiness staring at the crying child.

"Hm, he looks like a turnip." Inu Kimi commented as he was being cleaned.

"Who cares, let me hold him." I said and held my hands out to them.

"Yes, Lady Kaori." the healer said and placed my son in my arms.

"Hello there." I cooed at the child that was watching me with wide yellow eyes, "I'm your mommy."

The baby smiled and grabbed my finger.

"What are you going to name him?" Inu Kimi asked me.

I looked at the child in my arms and kissed his forehead.

"I don't know yet, but I'll like to see Sesshomaru." I told her.

"Yes, of course. Let's go everyone." Inu Kimi said and left the room with everyone.