Chapter 16

AN: This isn't my favorite chapter, but I had a bit of writers block. I hope you all enjoy this chapter.

I felt so weak and I couldn't move or open my eyes. It felt like I was made out of lead. What had happened? I tried to remember, but I couldn't. My mind was too fuzzy.

"Sesshomaru is she safe?" I could hear my father ask weakly next to me as I felt a cool breeze blow over me.

"Yes." he said.

"Good, you will make a fine hus-" he began, but started to cough, "Damn poison."

Poison? Yes, now I remember! Naraku had attacked us! But how did my father get here? Did Sesshomaru go back and save him?

"Lord Sesshomaru. The antidote." Jaken said making my ears hurt.

"D-Damn toad." I muttered.

"Hmp, even in her sleep, she's stupid." I heard him mutter and than a smack, "Please forgive me, Lord Sesshomaru!"

"The antidote." Sesshomaru said sounding annoyed.

"Yes, my Lord." Jaken said and then I could hear him walk away.

A few seconds of silence passed, until my father began to cough.

"Bleh, that's bitter." he said, "But, i-it will help."

"Yes," Sesshomaru said and I felt him sat me up.

Sesshomaru opened my mouth and poured something into it. I began to gag at the bitterness, but Sesshomaru made me drink it.

"It is almost over." I heard him whisper.

When it was done he laid me down and I could hear my father chuckle.

"I am glad we chose you." he said sounding much stronger than a moment ago, "You will be good for her and protect her. Not like me."

What was he talking about? Chose him? For what? And what was he going on about ' be good for me and protect me'?

"Hn,"

"Does she know yet?" he asked Sesshomaru.

Know what!?

"No." he said.

"And why not? She should know!" my father said angry all of a sudden.

"It's not time. She would not take it well." he said.

"You should tell her. Her mother accepted it well and was excited about it." my father said.

Accepted what? I was so confused. What were they going on about?

"But she might not." Sesshomaru said and I felt his nails gently move over my cheek.

"You will never know until you tell her." he said.

"How can I though?" he asked sounding some what like a teenage boy.

"Easily." he said, "Take her some place private and sit her down. Then begin to tell her about the arrange marriage your father and I had agreed on for you two. She'll understand."

Arrange marriage? I'm suppose to marry, Se-Sesshomaru? I felt ill to my stomach. I opened my eyes wide and sat up quickly. I bent over to my side and vomited.

"Or this way." my father said.

If I was someone else, I might had find that funny, but I wasn't.

"M-marriage?" I squeaked looking at the two feeling better.

That antidote worked quickly and well.

"Yes." my father said and I looked at him as he sat up off the ground, "A long time ago, before you were born, Kaori, Taisho and I had agreed that if we had daughter and son they would get married, like we had. It's common with our kind."