Chapter 19

I let out a small growl of annoyance when I heard Jaken say something, along with the sound of a flute. I opened my eyes and glared at him wondering who in the hell had a flute and was playing it, until I noticed that his attention was to something else.

"What's wrong?" I asked him as he took off into the forest.

I stood up and noticed that Rin was gone. Is that why he ran off into the forest? I wondered as I ran after the imp. We chased after Rin, but soon lost her. I couldn't even sense her.

"Rin!" Jaken and I shouted as we walked through the forest.

"Sesshomaru is going kill us." I muttered as I looked around for Rin with Jaken stumbling around.

"Rin. Rin." Jaken repeated over and over.

"Jaken. Kaori." Sesshomaru spoke causing us both to jump and turn to face the dog demon.

"Eh! Lord Sesshomaru, you've returned!" Jaken said bowing down.

"Did something happen to Rin?" Sesshomaru asked him and I looked down at my feet in shame that I had lost her.

"Ugh, it's funny that you mention that." Jaken said and Sesshomaru gave him a look, "She vanished my Lord. I think Ongukuki (AN: No idea how to spell it.) may have abducted her."

He knew who had taken her? Why didn't he tell me!? I felt my blood boil with anger, but I didn't lash out at him.

"Ongukuki you say?" Sesshomaru said looking down at the imp.

"Ongukuki? Who is that?" I asked.

"Ongukuki is a demon who lures children to him with the sound of his flute." Jaken explained, "He takes the children and then sells them to other demons."

"What!?" I gasped ignoring Jaken as he continued to speak, "We must find her quickly!"

I began to walk pass Sesshomaru so I could continue my search for her, but he stopped me by grabbing my hand. I was about to protest, but stopped when he began to drag me the way I was going.

"We will find her." he said and I nodded my head as we walked.

I hope she's okay. If that demon lays one hand on her, I'll use him as a chew toy!

"I'm sorry for losing her." I sniffed as tears came to my eyes, "I should have been watching her instead of sleeping."

"Do not blame yourself." Sesshomaru said and I looked up at him, "You did not know that she would have been taken."

He was right. I had no idea she would have, but I still felt like it was my fault. She was my responsability when Sesshomaru wasn't there. I wasn't able to keep her safe and protected.

"Gah!" I sobbed closing my eyes tightly as I thought about how scared Rin must be.

I felt an arm pull me towards something warm and soft.

"Don't cry." Sesshomaru said softly and I was shocked that he was actually comforting me, "Rin is strong and we will find her."

I looked up at him as tears fell down my face and nodded my head. Rin was a strong girl.

"Hn," Sesshomaru said looking into my eye.

I flinched when I felt his thumb wipe away my tears. I wasn't expecting it.

"We must go now." he said lowering his hand from my cheek.

I nodded my head again a wiped the rest of my tears away. I can finish crying once we find Rin.

I followed Sesshomaru through the forest. I could smell the scent of some human men mixed with children. Were we close to where Ongukuki was? I waa about to ask Sesshomaru that, but he stopped and placed his arm out in front of me forcing me to stop.