Chapter 9

The next morning I was shook awake. I opened my eyes and turned onto my other side to be faced with white fabric and black boots. I looked up to see Sesshomaru looking down at me.
"Why do you have blood on you? And why do I smell your father scent?" Sesshomaru asked me and I sat up looking down at myself.

I noticed that there was blood on the sleeves of my kimono and a few spots on my pants. Not to mention my hands and shoes. I looked back up at Sesshomaru biting the inside of my cheek feeling like I was in trouble by the way his eyes were staring at me.

"I-I killed a bandit." I told him and then it hit me.

I had killed someone. I took someones life, but it was to save my own, and not to mention to protect Rin.

"You did?" he asked sounding a bit surprised.

I nodded my head.

"I had too. It was to protect myself and Rin. Even though I had sent her to find Jaken." I told him.

"And where was Jaken?" he asked.

"Here at the camp." I lied, I didn't want the imp to get in trouble, "Rin and I had went off to find a stream to wash off. We found one, but there were five bandits there. We were going to leave, but they tried to capture us, I sent Rin to get Jaken, while she did that I fought the bandits. Not good, but enough to knock out three, and kill one. I'm sure one of the three died from their wounds though."

"You said there were five. What happened to the other?" he asked.

"My father showed up, ripped his heart out and helped me get back to Rin, and Jaken." I told him, "He didn't know who I really was. I gave him a fake name."

"Hm, come with me." Sesshomaru said and I stood up.

Where were we going? I wondered to myself as we walked through the forest.

We stayed quiet, until we reached a stream. I gulped seeing three bodies on the ground and blood around them. I gagged a bit, but held my vomit.

"Wash off." he said before looking at the dead men on the ground and I nodded walking over to the stream.

I took off my kimono top and began to wash that as best as I could. I couldn't get the blood off the sleeves, so I cut them off with a dagger I found. I used the sleeve to wash the blood off my pants and then my shoes. I let my kimono dry as I put on one of my shirts.

"You fought these men on your own?" he asked as I walked over to the man that he examined.

"Yes, it was mostly luck though. I was scared and had no idea what I was doing." I told him looking down at the man, "I think I'm going to be sick."

I ran over to the bushes and emptied out my stomach. I wiped my mouth and walked over to the stream. I drunk some water and splashed some onto my face.

"Hmp." I heard Sesshomaru say as if he found what I did was funny.

Did he find it funny that I got sick from looking at a dead body? Damn that dog!

"What's so funny?" I asked him as I grabbed my kimono folding it.

"It's just you killed these men and you get sick by it." he said and I stared at him for a moment.

"I had no choice. They were going to r-r-r-" I began, but stopped.

I couldn't even say the word. I felt disgusted at them and glad that they were dead. I wished the others were.

"They did not touch you did they?" Sesshomaru asked and I shook my head.

"No, they were about too, when something inside me snapped and I fought back." I told him.

"Hm, it seems you have a little bit of dog demon instinct. You were in danger with no way of getting out of it. Like a cornered dog you fought back for a chance to be free." Sesshomaru said.