Chapter 20

"If Inuyasha is searching for Naraku also, why don't we join him?" I asked Sesshomaru as I trained with him in a clearing.

"Do not ask stupid questions nor mention that halfling." he said glaring and I rolled my eyes.

"I don't see what's so bad about Inuyasha. Sure he's loud, rude, obnoxious, a real idiot and stubborn, but he's also... Hey!" I shouted at him angrily as I jumped away from him dodging an attack.

"You are distracting yourself." he said and swung his sword at me, "And I told you not to mention Inuyasha."

"You don't have to take your anger out on me over it!" I growled blocking one of attacks as I jumped backwards from him, "And I was only curious!"

I ran at him and swung my sword at his feet. He jumped out of the way. I turned around quickly as he landed behind me. I was about to punch him, when he tripped me. I fell ontomy back and let out a groan as he placed the tip of his blade a few inches from my neck.

"You lose." he said for what felt like the hundreth time.

"I know, I know." I muttered as I stared at the blue sky, while Sesshomaru put his sword away, "The sky is beautiful today. So blue and clear like nothing bad is happening."

"Hn?" Sesshomaru muttered glancing down at me.

"Somewhere something bad is happening." I told him, "It never stops."

"What brought you to say something like this?" he asked sitting down next to me as I still laid on the ground watching the sky.

I shrugged my shoulders placing my hands on top of my stomach.

"It's just that ever since I got here it seems bad things keep happening all the time." I told him.

"Hn, long before you were born bad things happened, even after you were born." he said, "Bad things will keep happening. There is no stopping it."

"It's only a silly wish to want it all to stop and have peace." I sighed.

"Yes, it is." he said nodding his head I felt like slappibg my forehead.

I should have known that would be his reply. Emotionless bastard.

"Geez, aren't you full of candy and rainbows." I muttered.

"Candy?" he questioned looking at me and I looked at him.

I couldn't control the blush that appeared on my cheeks as I looked up at him. He looked handsome.

"I-It's this type of food like chocolate, or melted sugar and..." I stopped when I noticed he lost interest in it.

I let out another sigh and lookes back at the sky to see a cloud floating by. I smiled as I looked at it. It was in the shape of a butterfly. It reminded me of when Mama used to take me to the park on her days off from work. There we would lay on the grass laughing over jokes or watching the clouds and pointing out what they look like.

"Do you see that cloud, Kaori?" she had asked pointing at a cloud.

"Yes, Mama." I had replied smiling at the cloud that resembled a dog.

"It reminds me of your father." she said with a sad smile on her face as she gazed at it.

"How? He's not a dog, Mama." I told her innocently.

"Of course he isn't." she said and patted me on my head, "Of course he isn't little one."

"That looks like a butterfly." I said pointing at the cloud.

Sesshomaru looked up at the cloud and frowned.

"What are going on about?" he asked me as he looked back down at me.