Chapter 23

When I awoke the next morning my head was killing. I was sweating and sneezing. Not to mention my body felt sore.

"Ah, you're awake!" Rin said as appeared next to me.

I opened my eyes and looked at the kid. I gave her a small smile, but soon sneezed.

"Ugh, I feel like crap." I muttered, "What happened?"

"You have a cold." Rin said and pulled a piece of wet cloth from my forehead, "Lord Sesshomaru said he found you awake last night and you fell over."

Right, I had gotten angry at him because of that dream and for not calling Rin and Jaken his friend. Damn, I'll need to apologize to him about that. I hate being sick, I' usually get angry easily and for no reason.

"Where is he?" I asked her.

"Getting some healing herbs for you. He should be back soon." she told me.

"How long has he been gone?" I asked her.

"Not long." she told placing a fresh wet piece of cloth on my forehead.

A few more minutes passed until Sesshomaru and Jaken appeared in the campsite. Jaken looked annoyed.

"You are awake." Sesshomaru said walking over to where I laid with Rin sitting next to me, "How do feel?"

"Like crap." I told him.

He seemed confused by what I meant.

"I feel sore and stuff." I said.

"I see. Rin fix these for Kaori." Sesshomaru said handing the young girl the herbs.

I wished he didn't treat her like a slave.

"You shouldn't have been running around yesterday after falling into that lake." Sesshomaru said sitting next to me.

"I know, but after watching them play, it seemed fun." I told him and sneezed again, "Ugh, I hate this."

"Hn, with those herbs you should be well tomorrow." he said and I nodded my head giving him a weak smile.

"Thanks for finding them and also I'm sorry for the way I acted last night." I told him.

Sesshomaru remained quiet as Rin walked over to us with a cup of steaming tea made from those herbs. She held the cup to my lips after letting it cool for a moment. I drunk it.

"Feel any better?" Rin asked me as she set the cup down.

"A little." I told her with a smile.

In truth I still felt awful, but hopefully those herbs will help.

"Rin, why don't you go pick flowers for her." Sesshomaru told her.

"Okay." she said and ran off.

I looked at him wondering what he was planning. Usually he wouldn't do something like that.

"About last night, do not apologize for it." he said, "I have my reasons for not calling them my friends."

"I should apologize, because I shouldn't have said any of that. Is it up to you on who you call a friend or not." I told him.

"Yes, it is." he said.

"Um, here's a little lesson. When a woman is angry, it's best to be quiet." I told him and sneezed again.

I soon began to cough. Sesshomaru sat next to me most of that day. Keeping me company while Rin helped Jaken under the command of Sesshomaru. It seemed that he didn't want Rin around me in fear that she might get sick also.