Phase 12

(Y/n)'s point of view

Before  school on Monday morning I laid on the floor of my room. I stared at the ceiling fan spin around in a rhythmic way.  

I glanced at the clock on my wall. 15 minutes until I had to leave. 

"(Y/n)! Come into the kitchen please" I heard my mom shout from across the house. 

I walked into the kitchen where my mom was eating an omelet. 

"What's up, mom?" I asked as I poured myself a glass of juice. 

"I didn't get to see you yesterday because I was busy with work. How was ice skating?" She answered. 

"It was a lot of fun, although I didn't see Peter much. He got a lot of texts from Tony Stark. Then Stark showed up at the rink and took Peter for like an hour." I said. My mom stopped eating.

"Do you know what it was about?" She asked.

"No, I don't but I did see some of the messages. They came from a group chat with the other Avengers. It must be something big." 

My mom left out a huge sigh. 

"That's what I was afraid of," She said, "A few days ago I went to the store and forgot my face modifier. I think Stark might have spotted me."

I put my cup on the counter top. "Are you sure? Maybe it's something else?" I suggested.

"Maybe it is, but maybe it's not something else." She played with a piece of hair that sat in her face. "We have to lay low for a bit."

"What are you suggesting?" I asked.

We sat in silence as we thought about our next course of action.

"Maybe distance yourself from Peter, not enough that he suspects something, though," My mom said.

"Or we can continue with the plan. We could take the next step." I replied.

My mom looked at her watch. 

"You have to leave if you want to catch the bus. Let's finish this conversation tonight, okay?" She said.

I ran out the door and to my bus stop.

Peter wasn't on the bus this morning, so I sat by myself.

My first class of the day was French. I got to class early and sat in my usual seat. 

Louis walked into the classroom not long after.

"Hey, Louis!" I greeted.

"Bonjour (Y/n)!" He sat in his seat next to me.

"I get that you're a show off, but school hasn't even started. I think it's okay if you speak English." I giggled.

"Sure, but only if you speak French while class is in session." 

"Deal." 

"Excuse me what is this about?" I turned around and saw Abby.

"What is what about?" Louis asked.

"That!" Abby pointed to Louis and I's hands. I didn't even realize that we were holding hands.

"Holy hell, (Y/n), did you really fall for his cheesy charm?" Abby smiled wider than I've ever seen anyone smile before. 

Abby sat in her seat and leaned forward as she asked, "Are you two like a thing now?"

Louis and I looked at each other.

"I mean...yes?" He said.

"Yes?" I questioned.

"Yes." He stated with a nod.

"I think we are," I smiled.

Abby squealed. 

"You two are so cute together!" She said.

The bell rang and our teacher walked in the room.

"Bonjour class! Oh! Mes plantes meurent! Laissez-nous les rapprocher de la fenêtre pour qu'ils aient du soleil (Hello class! Oh! My plants are dying! Let us move them closer to the window so they get some sunlight)" Our teacher said. She picked up the two potted plants on either side of her desk and moved them closer to the window.

Louis and I held hands all class. I even caught him staring at me a few times. 

I didn't pay attention in most of my classes that day. I was busy thinking about my mission. 

As I walked home from my bus stop after school, I thought of a brilliant idea.