Phase 38

Y/n's point of view.

I heard a noise from outside. Then, I saw something out of the corner of my eye.

I peered through the window in my kitchen and saw a figure not far from the fire escape.

I opened the window and leaned out to get a better look.

The man didn't see me at first. He wore all black clothing and a hoodie to hide his face.

He turned to me and lifted his left arm. He pointed the object in his hand at me.

I grew little plants inside of the gun, making it useless. You couldnt tell from the outside that anything had been done.

Before the man shot his gun, it was violently ripped out of his hand. The gun zipped to the roof of the building that sat next to my apartment.

"I'll be taking that, thank you," Spiderman said to the hooded man.

I smiled to myself. I always loved Peter's little one liners when he talked to bad guys.

The man looked from Spiderman to me and back to Spiderman again.

The man lunged for my arm and grabbed it, pulling me onto the fire escape with him.

"Leave her alone!" Spiderman yelled, "You don't want to do anything you'll regret."

"Like make you chose between me and an innocent girl?" The man said, "Catch!" He pushed me off the fire escape. He bolted the second he let go of me.

"NO!" Peter Yelled in terror. He lunged forward and crafted a net out of his webs.

I used my powers to grow a giant poppy flower. I had only fallen three stories before I landed in the center with a small thud.

With Spiderman's net I would have fallen seven stories.

He stood over the edge of the roof stared down at me.

"You're... but!..." I could tell his mind was running a mile a minute.

Even with the mask on he was cute when he was confused.

"What are you doing? I'm fine! Go get him!" I shouted.

"Oh, right!" He snapped out it, "I'll be right back!"

Peter ran off to catch the guy.

I climbed back inside of my appartment.

I wandered around my living room, lost in thought.

I wasnt ready to tell Peter I was Poppy.

This really complicated things.

Suddenly there was a knock on my window.

I turned and saw spiderman waving me over to open the window.

I let him inside and he immediately took off his mask.

"You're Poppy! How did I not know!? All this time you were right infront of me!" He started. He was frantically moving around.

But he wasnt mad. He was more amazed and confused rather than upset.

That was a relief.

"Peter I-" I tried to explain, but he just kept going.

"I mean I guess I should have known you were injured right after Poppy was injured! I cant believe I didnt know! You two sound exactly the same!"

"Peter-"

"I guess it makes sense. You and Poppy-"

I grabbed his face and pulled him into a kiss. He was caught of guard but he kissed back.

I kissed him to shut him up but holy hell.

It was perfect.

As we eased into the kiss I loosely wrapped my arms around his neck and he put his hands on my waist.

I broke the kiss.

"I- uh- I-" I stuttered, getting lost in his eyes.

He went in for another kiss.

It was even better than the first.

When we broke apart we both laughed.

"I'm sorry I didnt tell you sooner and this wasnt how I wanted you to find out, but we have something more important to discuss," I said.

"Do you trust me? Like really trust me?" I asked.