Chapter Four

Willow {} Dean

W I L L O W

Willow's eyes slowly opened and let in the morning sun that was shining through Lilac's living room window. She scanned the room, and saw that her two friends were no where in sight. Before long, she heard clattering in the kitchen and forced herself to sit up. Her hand grasped her iPhone and unlocked it, going to text messages right away.

I mean they for sure could be real, yanno?

What do you think?

Hello? Did I loose ya 😫

Okay I'm probably getting annoying..goodnight

Willow's mouth formed a small smile and she began typing a reply.

Sorry, I fell asleep. Aliens a for sure real, not positive on what kind. Like the green ones with five eyes or like normal people, idk. Maybe I'll find out one day haha 👩🏼‍🚀

I should probably give Kevin his phone back? Have you talked to him?

"You're up!" Hailey ran into the living room and jumped onto Willow's lap. Her shimmery blonde hair was in a messy bun and her slim figure was dressed in a loose crop top with leggings.

"Jesus Christ Hails." Willow complained. "What time is it?"

"Almost noon. I'm surprised you slept in so long." Lilac joined in from the kitchen. "Eggs and sausage are almost done."

Willow pushed her friend off of her and bolted for the kitchen. Hailey yelled a string of curse words, and followed in Willow's direction. They each sat on a barstool facing Lilac as she controlled the stovetop.

"So I've gotta leave in a half hour. Kenny wants to take me out." Hailey said.

Willow rolled her eyes. "Of course he does."

"Oh my fucking god." Lilac gave Hailey a glare.

"What? He's cute."

"He's also seventeen." Willow pointed out, raising her glass of water.

"Says the girl that dates men over ten years older than her."

"At least they aren't minors!"

"Just shut up. I'm leaving in twenty."

Lilac and Willow both let out a grumble, but didn't say more. Willow couldn't, Hailey was right. Going out with men older than twenty-five was kind of stupid. They all wanted something more than a casual relationship, they wanted marriage and Willow won't let herself get held down with that yet.

Willow's phone vibrated on the marble countertop and she practically dove for it, not wanting either of her friends to see who she was secretly texting.

I'm sure you could find out. Yeah, I just talked to him. You can drop it off to the main desk at the Right Inn on Quinickle street, it's near the city.

Okay, I probably can before my shift tonight. How's your day?

Still can't wait for that pic 😁. My day's good. Josie is going to NYU, so we're out to eat atm. Then I've gotta get ready to leave tomorrow morning 🙄.

Lol I'm sure ☺️. That's cool, what's she studying? Also hope I'm not interrupting family time...and that sucks. Where to next?

She wants to be an author. And no, it's all good. And somewhere in PA. Kevin's sister, our manager, figures that shit out for us. What's your plan for the day?

That's a bold move, good for her. And ohh gotcha. Not sure what I'm doing today. Work starts at five to eleven. Probably gonna go home and check on my dog and grandma, then drop of Kevin's damn phone, then work.

Damn, that's a long shift. You live with your grandma? And haha, he appreciates it. Almost had a heart attack when he realized it wasn't in the arena.

Yeah, but longer shifts mean more money. Yes, I do. And lol I'm sure. Can't imagine what a 'real' fan would do with it...

You're right. I have to go, Josie wants me to shop with her. Ttyl 👋🏼

Willow let out a breath she didn't realize she was holding. She's grateful he let the living with her grandma thing go. He wasn't that high on her trustworthy list to hear that one.

A/N

Hi everyone! Leave me some votes and comments please!!

<3