.10

August is so cute, I literally can't ^

Anyways

Enjoy

~Joy

PSA: I know when August's birthday is, but it's my book so yeah. You get it.

Suri [ Sept 26th, August's birthday]

"Move move cause you don't know what you're doing

"Move move cause you don't know what you're doing." Lucas moved me out the way making me laugh.

Today's August birthday and me and Lucas are trying to cook the gumbo.

"Just peel the shrimp, I got everything else."

I nodded my head and got to peeling.

Everything was going good and I was almost done peeling the shrimp until there was a knock at my door. Me and Lucas both look at each other with worried expressions.

"Aw hell." He sighed.

I went over to the door and looked through the peephole. I sighed when I saw it was only Asia.

I opened the door for her and greeted her with a hug.

"You can't be popping up here unannounced."

"Since when?"

"Since it's August's birthday today and I'm trying to cook him his favorite food."

"Correction, I'm cooking his favorite food cause you don't know what the fuck you're doing." Lucas came out of the kitchen, wiping his hands off.

"Shut up meanie."

"Yeah don't come at her like that." Asia butted in, rolling her neck.

"I ain't come for nobody. I'm just tellin' it how it is." He shrugged, looking her up and down.

This didn't go unnoticed by me, and I was still on a mission to get them together. Asia has already told me she finds him attractive, so now I just have to get them together.

"Yeah whatever." She rolled her eyes.

"Yeah whatever," He mocked her, "Come in here and help us." He turned around and walked back into the kitchen, not waiting for a response.

Me and Asia looked at each other before rolling our eyes. It was clear we both found him annoying.

After a while, everything was done and now we were just chilling waiting for the gumbo to cook. We were all sitting in my living room playing uno.

"Draw four." I put my card down, "And the color's blue."

"I swear if you make me draw again it's gone be me and you." Asia sneered, aggressively snatching the cards from the deck.

"Shut up, you aint bout shit." Lucas laughed, making me laugh with him.

"Keep messing with me and you'll see." She side-eyed him.