; eight ;

The day went on faster than ever as we spent the whole day cuddling on Donghun's bed. I was enjoying my evening bath when I heard a knock on the bathroom door. “Junhee, I'm going out. Gotta finish some works. Do you want me to get you anything for dinner?”

“No, it's okay. Just make sure to text or call if you're gonna be late... Or sleeping in your soulmate's house again...” My voice got lower as I said the last part so I was more than sure he didn’t hear it as he asked “Did you say something?” I replied with a simple “nothing” before I heard the front door opening and shut again.
I let out a heavy sigh before brushed off all thoughts from my head and continue my bath.

I decided to skip dinner and went to bed early that night after finishing my assignment. I went to sleep in Donghun's room, snuggling into his pillow, melting to his smell that he left on it. 

The front door clicked open, waking me up from my sleep so I tried to peek at the clock between my sleepy eyes, 3a.m. What is he doing coming back this late? I tried to stay awake until he comes into the room but it took him too long. “Probably having his late late-night snack” I though to myself unaware of the sleepiness that was taking over my eyes once again as my brain falling into dreamland.

I jumped up at the sound of my phone ringing, opening my eyes slowly as the light from the window hit my face. My heart got heavy noticing I was alone on the bed. I answered the call without even looking at the contact name. “Hello, this is Junhee right?” the voice was soft, and it was oddly familiar. Sua? “Hello, yes it's me.” I was trying so hard to hide the sleepiness in my voice. “Can I help you with anything?”

Somehow this scene looks familiar in my head, the same thing happened yesterday. We talked on the phone, one of us was asking the exact same question. The only different was she was the one who asked it yesterday and today, it's vice versa.

It took her awhile before answering my question, probably looking for the right thing to say. After all she's talking to her soulmate's boyfriend. “Em... Is Donghun home?” the question caught me off guard. Why did she have to call me to ask that? Why did she even call me in the first place? Was she the one that Donghun saw last night? I could feel my anger rising.

I took my time to answer as it hit me, I didn’t even know if he was home. I ran my hand through my messy morning hair before answering her with the only thing I could think of. “I think so, yes. Why do you ask?” I answered, sounding as collected as I could. “Can I see you? There is something I need to talk.” My heart dropped at her words. But why? I bit my lower lip, unsure of what to answer. Should I go and see her? Talk to her? I could already tell that this will not end well.

I stayed silent for a few more moments before the room door clicked open, revealing a sleepy figure of my boyfriend. “Sure, I'll text you where to meet.” I answered, avoiding any eye contact with the man who just stepped inside the room. Sua muttered her “Okay then, see you” before we ended the call.

Donghun raised his eyebrows, confused as to whom I was speaking that early in the morning. “Who’s that?” he asked, taking the empty spot on the bed beside me. “Yuchan. He's coming to Seoul and he wants to see me.” I answered with a smile.

Yuchan is my half brother. My mum got married with his father after my dad passed away and he was my only bestfriend I had when we were kids. You see it's hard marrying with someone who is not our soulmate so the marriage my mum had with Yuchan's father did not last long and it ended badly with my mum fled to only-God-knows-where leaving me with both my stepdad and Yuchan. We were so close with each other despite being half brothers and he was the only person in our lives, apart from Sehyoon, that was being supportive of my relationship with Donghun after my stepdad kicked me out of the house after finding out about us calling me “a disgusting piece of shit”.

I put my head on his lap, lying back down on the bed as I took his hand in mine, playing with his long fingers. “Why didn’t you sleep here last night?” I slowly caressed his lap with my free hand. “I was too tired I didn’t even realise I fell asleep on the couch.” I chuckled at his answer before silence fell upon us. Rather than an awkward one, it was actually the kind of silent I enjoyed. We needed this moment, melting ourselves into the peaceful silence when suddenly my phone beeped, notifying me of an incoming text. I quickly opened the text, making sure Donghun couldn’t see my screen.

1 Message by: Sua
Is 2 at 5tar café fine by you?

Sure. See you.

I hit send and immediately kept my phone under the pillow as I looked up to see the beautiful man I called my boyfriend was looking at me with a weird expression. “Keeping a secret from me now?” he asked, sarcastic. “It's only fair if both of us have our own secrets.” I said plainly before getting up and went into the bathroom. I could hear his defeated sigh as I closed the bathroom door, definitely catching the hidden meaning behind my words.

A delicious smell greeted me as I got out from the bathroom immediately brought my attention focused on the man who was diligently cooking in the kitchen. A small smile crept up my lips before it faded again as I remembered my meet up with his soulmate later that evening.

Is it the right thing to do? To go and see her? I heaved a soft sigh. I know it wasn’t a wise choice but my curiosity got the best of me and will the curiousity kill the cat? We'll just have to wait and see I guess.