; sixteen ;

I woke up to the sound of something loud and a cold, wet towel fell on my arm when I tried to get up. I looked around and realised I was lying down on the couch and the loud noise came from the kitchen.

“Donghun is that you?” I asked, my voice came out hoarse. God my throat hurt.

“Nope, just me. It's still me. No Donghun.” Yuchan replied.

I sat up, putting my whole body weight on my right arm that was on the couch's headrest. I saw Yuchan appeared out of nowhere, standing up holding a ladle in his hand that most probably fell down that created the loud noise earlier.

I let out a disappointed sigh as I flopped down on the couch again. Tears threatening to come out, then I remembered I haven’t checked my phone since this morning.

“Yuchan, can you please help me take my phone? It's in my room.” I half shouted, enough for the younger boy to hear it.

Without any reply, I heard footsteps running into my room and out again this time running towards me. He handed me the phone and ran to the kitchen again.

I chuckled at his cuteness, he always gets so clumsy when he's cooking.

Yuchan is not the best at cooking, heck he’s most probably the worst cook you'll ever meet, always struggling when he's at it but always put his best effort into it which make whatever he cooks taste better.

“I'm making chicken soup for you is it okay? You caught a fever so I thought chicken soup is the best. Or do you want something else?” He asked, shouting from the kitchen.

“No, anything is fine. Thanks.” I replied before unlocking my phone, seeing I received a bunch of text messages from Donghun. And Sua?

The texts are mostly about how he wished it was all a dream, and how he was doing it for me, and how he wished we could turn back time, and how he wished this soulmate bullshit never existed, and how he hoped I would keep my promise to him to treat Soeun like how she deserved, and how he hoped I would treasure all our memories together until the day I die.

I couldn’t stop my tears anymore so I just let everything out, making the couch wet with my tears.

The last text he sent me was his answer to my rant last night.

You can stay in the house as long as you want to, it's yours. You can use the car wherever you want to go, it's yours. You can keep every cent of the money I gave you, it's yours. And you can keep all the love I gave to you, it's all yours.

My sobbing was getting worse as I read the text, I didn’t deserve this man.

I then opened the text that Sua sent me and another rush of tears hit me as I read it.

I don’t know what I did in my past life to deserve someone as good as you are in my life. If I were you I would be very selfish and would never do the thing that you did. I know a ‘thank you' will never be enough to heal your heartbreak, neither can a ‘sorry’. But I will still say it. Thank you so much and I'm really sorry this happen. All my pain I felt for the past year is now gone thanks to you. You saved my life, you saved my soul. I owe you the whole world and it still won’t be enough. I know this is so absurd but we can be friends if you want. But I totally understand if you’re starting to hate me, for taking something so important in your life. I would’ve died from the heartbreak but I hope you're strong. I know you are.

Yuchan then came into the living room as soon as I finished reading the text, with a tray in his hands. He put down the tray,

“Can you eat on your own or do you need me to feed you?” He asked, half concern and half joking.

“Clown.” I mumbled, receiving a chuckle from him. He helped me got up, gave a glass of water before handed me the bowl of chicken soup and a spoon.

“Be careful it's hot.”

I took a spoonful of the soup and blew on it before slurping it, feeling the warmth wrapped around my inside.

“I looked around the house and couldn’t find any meds for fever so I'm going to the pharmacy to buy some. Do you need anything?”

I shook my head. He picked the wet towel on the couch and brought it to the kitchen before he ran out of the house not wasting any time.

The silence of being alone in the house was deafening in my ears and I was in desperate need to talk to someone or I might break down again so I took my phone and dialled a number that I remembered by heart.

“Yo dude, I heard about it. You okay?” Sehyoon asked as soon as he picked up the call.

“I guess.”

“Are you at home? Want me to come over?” Worry was evident in his voice.

“Yes and no. Yuchan's here. He's enough of a headache I don’t need another one.” I joked.

“Fuck you.” He cursed under his breath.

“But seriously I'm here all the time you can just call me if you need anything.”

“I want a time machine, can you help me?” I heard him sighed from the other end of the line.

“Hello officer, yes this guy right here. He's dumb.” He joked, making a meme reference.

We both laughed and just continue talking about everything, and were trying our best to avoid the topic of the man I used to call my boyfriend.