eight; pink lady

Mary had got home rather quickly

     Mary had got home rather quickly. And so, she began prepping her outfit, taking small breaks to call the Williams' every now and again — but the call rang out each time.

       She was dressed head to toe in her Pink Ladies costume from the movie Grease that she loved. From what she could remember, it had been her mother's favourite movie right from the moment she first watched it.

       For once she wasn't wearing shorts, instead a pair of tight high waisted black pants that showed off her figure and a black button up blouse made of the same sheer material as the pants. She had tied the ends of the shirt, cutting it off just above her ribs, showing of her stomach.

       And of course, she sported the iconic pink jacket which Joyce had so kindly spent weeks sewing 'Pink Ladies' on the back in cursive. All that Mary was missing was the hairstyle — which was where she came in at being hopeless; hair wasn't really a thing she was good at.

       And so, after she tied a pink handkerchief around her neck, put on her red sunglasses that were only for show and painted her lips a matching red she was out the door and driving to the Byers residence — hoping Joyce could do her one last favour.

       She arrived ten minutes later and rang the doorbell. Within a few seconds, the door clicked open and she was met with a hissing vampire. Mary chucked at Joyce's boyfriend, "Hi, Bob." She greeted, gesturing in a hello motion with her hand, smiling in amusement.

       The man beamed at her, showing his false vampire teeth, "You looking for Jonathan? He's in his room right now, helping Will out with his —"

        "No, no. Actually, I'm here to see Joyce."

       "Is that Mary?" Joyce's voice suddenly spoke up and Mary heard her faint footsteps before the woman was at the door too. She smiled widely, "You look lovely, Mary! But where's your T-Bird?" Joyce looked down to the red sports car, thinking maybe Charlie was still inside.

       The brunette pursed her lips, "Not sure, haven't been able to get ahold of him." She admitted, making Joyce frown — she knew that dressing up and going to a party with her boyfriend was something the girl had been excited about; she had spoke about it nonstop each time she and her father would stop by.

       "But um, I was just wondering if you could maybe help me out with my hair? I mean, you don't have to! It's just, I'm hopeless and I kind of think my flat hair doesn't really do the costume any justice but if you don't have the time or anything that's totally fine! You know what? I'll actually just go, it's —"

      Joyce grasped onto the rambling girls shoulders whilst Bob chuckled, "Mary Hopper! You know I've always wanted another girl around the house — I'd never turn down the chance to have you over for a while!" Mary sighed in relief, flashing s toothy smile, "Come on in, I'll get started right away!" She ushered the girl inside that was both relived and happy Joyce decided to help.