twenty; the fall of hawkins lab

Mary and Jim had been grabbed and shoved into a separate van from Will, Joyce, Mike and Bob

        Mary and Jim had been grabbed and shoved into a separate van from Will, Joyce, Mike and Bob. According to the man driving, they would have to he quarantined for the amount of time they had been in the tunnels — and because of how the vines had smothered them. And Mary had to admit, she was a little scared not exactly knowing what the quarantine meant for them.

          But Mary found out all too soon what exactly they would have to go through in the quarantine. They were separated and Mary went through something that felt like torture. She was stripped naked in a room and washed down with a hose that burned her skin, making it feel like it was about to melt. And her hair hand been washed out with something that made her head itchy and made the roots of her hair sting like crazy.

         After what felt like forever of being hosed down, a woman entered with a towel. Mary looked up from the ball she was in, "You're all clear, Miss Hopper." She said, hanging her the towel and Mary wrapped it around her body. It was the first bit of comfort she had felt for hours.

          She then handed her a set of scrubs and Mary took them. The woman looked at her, "Get changed and meet us outside." He said whisky Mary stayed silent, waiting for her to leave.

Once she did, Mary pulled on the scrubs that were a little big on her body but tight on her broad hips. She slipped on the styrofoam-like slippers and left the shower room. The moment she stepped outside, she spotted a familiar face in the same scrubs as her, "Dad." She breathed out with relief, rushing towards him with open arms and her father engulfed her in a tight hug, lifting her off the ground and burying his face into her hair that smelled like chemicals.

She pulled back, holding onto his shoulders, "What happened? How's Will?" She asked with concern. The last she had seen of the kid, he was taking a seizure on the ground after coming out of the hole.

"He's doing alright," Jim told her, making her sigh happily, closing her eyes momentarily, "I just came down here to get you, kiddo. How are you feeling?" He asked worriedly, putting his hand on her upper arm.

She looked at him tiredly, fluttering her eyelashes as she rolled them back, "Like a elephant sat on my head." She said, making her father chuckle at how she still managed to use humour after what had happened and he wrapped her up in another hug.

Afterwards, he took her to see Will that looked incredibly sick. His skin was pale and in a deep sweat and his eyelids were redraw like when Mary and Steve would hang out in his garage and smoke marijuana every so often — only when Tommy somehow managed to get his hands on it from the weird kids at school. But whatever was wrong with Will was serious and it made Mary's skin turn cold at the possibilities of what was wrong with him.

Will had explained how he was still having these 'now-memories'. Mary had commented that it sounded a bit like when she would wake up the next morning after a party and remember all of the things she did — her father had given her the biggest glare ever but it had earned a small smile on Will's behalf and that made it worth it.