twenty-three; being the adult supervision

After discovering that Will was trying to speak to them, the group rushed back inside the house to figure out what he was saying

         After discovering that Will was trying to speak to them, the group rushed back inside the house to figure out what he was saying. They agreed in the end, that he had spelled out the word 'here'. And so after that, now knowing Will was still in there, a few of them went back inside to try to speak to him more, to try and get more out of him.

Mary sat at the table with a pen and a notebook, scribbling down whatever she was hearing over the walkie-talkies. She was writing in the morse code her father had taught her. Everyone was crowded around her, repeating things to her. And finally, she was finished.

Mary looked up at her father, holding the notebook in her hands with the morse code and letters side by aide, "Close gate." She read out, looking around the many faces of the table.

Before anyone could speak, the house phone from the kitchen began blaring loudly and everyone sprung into action. Joyce ripped the cord from the phone and tossed it aside. Everyone went silent. Corina breathed out, "Is there a chance he could have heard that?" She asked, looking around.

Mary screwed up her face, "It's a phone. He could be anywhere." She insisted, but before she could try and convince everyone that they were okay, her father and the small group came bursting into the living room, declaring that he knew where he was and that 'they' were coming.

"They?!" Mary screeched as everyone got into position, grabbing whatever the could as a weapon.

"The demodogs!" Dustin yelled over at her and the girl screwed her face up.

"Demowhats?!"

"Mary!" Jonathan and Nancy yelled simultaneously.

The girl grunted and took the handgun her father gave her and clicked the safety off, aiming it towards the front door as they all gathered in a large group, preparing their weapons. Hopper gestured with a rifle, "Can you use this?!" He was yelling at Jonathan that fumbled over his words.

"I can!" Nancy spoke up for him and Mary's father tossed it to her.

Mary breathed out, hearing no indication that anything was even near — but they couldn't lower their guards either way because that's exactly what Bob had done; and he was dead.

Mary was between Steve and Charlie. Charlie was aiming the pistol he had stolen from the guard whilst Steve held his bat from last year in both his hands, gripping it tightly. Corina was further down by the kids, her body tilted to the side and her hand held up, ready for whatever was about to happen.

Mary was almost sure the silence meant that they were wrong and that Will had no clue where they were. And then she heard it — noises coming from outside, sounding like hissing and scuffling but it wasn't easy to pinpoint where exactly it was coming from.