twelve; coming home

Mary and Steve had in fact went back to her trailer

       Mary and Steve had in fact went back to her trailer. Her father hadn't been home and Mary wondered what kept him out so late on Halloween — surely there hadn't been that much hassle on the occasion. She also wondered if her dad had in the end, needed to bust Tina's party like he usually do. Which, resulted in her being dragged home and grounded.

      She and Steve had retreated to her bedroom, where Mary had thrown herself face first into her bed and Steve had collapsed at the bottom, draped vertically along it — falling asleep almost the moment their bodies hit the bed.

      The next morning, they woke in the exact same positions, their bodies aching and refusing to work, "Mother of god." Mary groaned, her face pushed up against her pillow and her arm twisted at an awkward angle from how she was laying on it.

       She pushed herself up using the arm that wasn't dead and flopping around as though it had no bones at all and narrowed her eyes at her pillow case that was smudged with her dark eyeshadow and red lipstick.

      She scratched her head, fearful of how her hair was going to look that particular day — in fact, she would have rather just hid all the mirrors so she'd never have to find out. Because she was sure it would be catastrophic.

      She looked at Steve who looked to be in a comatose state, laying on his back with his head hanging of the side of the bed and mouth wide open, "Steve," She said, rubbing at her eyes that were clumped with leftover makeup. Upon getting no response, she nudged her friends side with her foot, "Steve." She groaned, throwing her head back tiredly.

      The boy grunted, saying a few inaudible words Mary couldn't make out before finally he raised his head and looked at her sleepily. He flashed a tired smile, "Hey." He chirped before rolling over, pressing his face against her bed sheets that smelt like nail varnish remover; from when she had spilled it all over her bed and forgot to put it in the washing machine.

       The girl rubbed at her forehead, "Not to be dramatic or anything," She started before throwing herself back into her pillow and actually being dramatic, "But I think I'm dying from alcohol poisoning!" She exclaimed, burying her face in her hands.

       Steve groaned in agreement, "Why do the things we love want to kill us." He said in disappointment, looking to the ceiling with a deep frown

       Mary pulled a face, saying 'I have no idea.' Before she pushed her blankets off her legs and stood up. She almost completely fell over from how badly her feet were hurting, "Fuck me." She grumbled, reaching down to massage the muscle under her feet that were cramped up from wearing heels the previous night.

      Once satisfied that she had untangled the muscles a little she went to the bathroom that was straight across from her own room whilst continuously rubbing her eyes.

       She ran the tap, letting the cold water flow before she scooped it up in the palms of her hands and splashed her face with it, attempting to get some makeup off and wake herself up; so she at least didn't look like she were dying.