Chapter 10 - Beams of Light

A/N: Hey guys, it's the author here. I know that I've been writing basically every day (bro), but now I am going to updating a bit less frequently probably. Also, school is starting soon so I am not sure when I will be able to update after that, but I will still try to keep to a weekly updating schedule. That's all, and that you to everyone for being so patient, other than miraculoussnowball, who wasn't so patient. <3

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Marinette glanced at Adrien's face worriedly and all she saw was sheer panic.

"Please, please, please don't put this anywhere. Just delete the recordings, I beg of you!" He begged Adèle who was still just holding a wide grin on her face.

"Adrien, Marinette, you signed a form saying that anything you say can be used, there's nothing you can do. I'm sorry, but this will really help boost our show. 'World-Famous Model, Adrien Agreste, Dating Intern, Marinette Dupain-Cheng.'" Adèle described. Marinette's eyes grew in disbelief as she listened to her.

"She-" Adrien began before pausing to turn off and remove his and Marinette's mic packs. Once they were safely removed, he continued. "She is not just an intern, she's my best friend and I love her! And our relationship," He paused after that word, the first time he had used it, and relished it for a second. "Our relationship is not just some story for you to sell. It is our business and our business alone." 

Adèle paused for a moment, thinking about what he had said. She knew it was true, but it was such a big story that it was hard to let go. However, once she met the fierce, protective gaze of the model, she tore out a page from her notebook and gave it to him. It was the page that she had recorded everything on. She then told her crew to delete the recordings.

"I am sorry, it was just so big, I got -" She began. Marinette walked over to her and put her hand on her shoulder. 

"Adèle, please, don't worry about it. We don't think anything less of you or your show. We just started..." Marinette paused with a glance at Adrien that was met with a smile. "We just started dating and we want to see where it takes us before it's announced anywhere. Thank you for understanding. We can't wait to see the finished product of the interview." She said softly. Adèle nodded, her smile slowly returning to her face.

Everyone said their goodbyes and the two teenagers left the TV studio. It was a quiet car ride, the two of them trying to still sort out in their minds what had just happened. Adrien's brain was roaring with thoughts. Marinette and I are dating, it's official now! But that almost got released! How did I talk my way out of that? What would have happened if I hadn't? What would Father say about us dating? Dating... I like that word. Similar thoughts were swirling around in Marinette's brain along with one more. What would Chat Noir think if it had gotten out?

When they arrived back to the hotel, they were greeted immediately by Nathalie. She silently led them through the lobby and into the dining room. It was grand and decorated with a red and gold theme. Marinette's jaw gaped at the beauty of the room as she walked through it and was guided to a seat at a table with the two Agrestes. 

It was a quiet dinner with an occasional question from Gabriel to them about how everything went that day and an answer from either Marinette or Adrien. Dinner ended and the two went up to their room. As soon as they closed the door behind them, the two sighed in relief that it was all over. No more interviews, no more dinner, nothing. 

They stood there for a minute, leaning against the door, before Adrien suddenly swooped Marinette up off her feet and carried her bridal style. She wrapped her arms around his neck and leaned in to give him a kiss. The kiss was deep and perfect. Her breath soaked into his skin and their eyes were closed. They didn't know it, but their heats were in sync as well. When they finally pulled away to catch their breath, Adrien ran across the room, still carrying his princess. Marinette let out a squeak as she clung tightly to Adrien's neck. He gently set her on her bed and collapsed next to her. The two laid there for a while, just laughing, before Marinette sat up.