12. Tattoos?

i can't believe i'm almost at 1K in less than a week, thank you thank you thank you💞🍒
excuse any mistakes
sorry this chapter is short, sorta like a filler chapter to build nick & kiari's bond
next chapters gon be lit
——

i cant believe nick had just called me his girl. i stared at him in shock and i knew jay was doing the same thing. i guess nick noticed this and decided to change the topic by handing me the charley's bag and drink
"here you go" he said "a bacon cheesesteak, cheese fries and a strawberry lemonade"
"thank you thank you thank you" i said and decided to get real bold real quick. i gave him a peck on the cheek.  now it was nick and jay's turn to stare at me in shock.

"damn, i didn't know y'all was like that" said jay
"boy shut the hell up and go study or some shit" said nick
"oh it's like that?" said jay "bet". he turned around and started to leave but turned around to say "bye kiki, thank you for helping me" and winked.
"bye jay" i said, rolling my eyes.

a few seconds after jay walked out, me and nick started doing the same thing
"so how was your study date?" he asked
"it was good" i debated whether or not i should tell him about what the idiots in the library said, but then i made the impulsive decision to say something "except aaron,lamar,devante, and kuhleed were being mad obnoxious"
"word? what was they saying?"
"they saying some stupid rapey shit and then-" i stopped talking when i felt nick grab my cup from my hand and replaced it with his own hand. he noticed i stopped talking and told me "then?". damn this dude was real slick for somebody who jay claimed was "very shy around me"
"then i told them to shut up and they starting saying shit like i was fiesty and they was trying to provoke jay by calling him a pussy." i avoided mentioning to him how they called me his girl. it was an awkward topic for me to touch upon on.
"them niggas real weird bruh" he said, as he pushed his dreads back "crackheads too, you know? stay away from 'em"
"i will" i said.

i liked this protective side of nick, it made me feel like he really cared about me, but he wasn't overprotecting to the point of jermaine.

"so where we going?" i asked as we waited for the bus.
"you'll see when we get there. you not gon eat?"
"i'll eat on the bus"
"alright"

five minutes later, the bus arrived and we got on. I opened my sandwich and started eating, shit was good as hell.
"thank for this, it's mad good yo" i told nick, almost choking on my sandwich.
he smiled at me and took a sip of my lemonade, which he still had in his hand.
"so" he started to say, sipping on some more lemonade "instead of studying for my test this whole time, i went to the the mall and i filled out a job application at Charley's"
i finished swallowing before i replied "really?! that's good"
"yeah, i feel like me and my momma are getting sick of me asking her for money, plus i also need to start saving up for my car"
"what kind of car are you getting?"
"whatever i can afford. when i get rich though i'm finna be hopping out a Porsche."
I chucked.

"anyways, you should try getting a job too. I know Charley's is still hiring, you should apply too" he said. although working with nick sounded really fun, i had to reject his offer.
"i can't" i said, shaking my head "at least not this year"
"why?"
"because i'm too busy with school and college shit"
"oh yea i forgot, this is the 'hardest' year of high school"
"exactly. i gotta focus on that before i start making money. i also gotta be applying to hella colleges"
"what college you wanna go to?"
"somewhere far. I wanna get out of alabama and go to cali or some shit"
"what do you wanna study?"
"i'm tryna go to nursing school"
"awww" he said, squeezing me a cheeks "she's cute and she got brains"
"stoooop" i said, blushing and smacking his hand away "what do you wanna be?"
"successful" he said, with a serious look on his face. i was waiting for him to tell me about his music making plans, but he wouldn't even mention it. "i don't know how but i'll figure it out on the way there. i don't really pay attention to the future as long as i'm good now, and i am". and that's when i realized nick had his shit way more together than i did.

"we're here" said nick and we got off the bus. i noticed we were in front of a weird house.
"why are we here?" i asked
"girl you ask so many damn questions" he said and i shut up, embarrassed

"you ain't gotta be quiet either" he said "i like it when you talk"
"i feel like i'm annoying"
"you're annoying for thinking you can be annoying" he said, making me smile.

we entered the house and nick dapped up a guy covered in tattoos.
"ayo nick" said the guy "who this" he asked, pointing at me
"this is my girl kiari, kiari this is alex"
"nice to meet you beautiful" alex said, shaking my hand.
"you too" i smiled "nick, what are we doing here?"
"we getting matching tattoos" he said, smiling
"the hell we not" i said, surprised
"well why the hell not?"
"well because no!"
"kiari im joking" he said laughing "we not on the glizzy and malani shit"
"ohhh" i said, rolling my eyes "they probably do have matching tattoos"
"them niggas crazy. anyways, i'm gonna get tatted"
"you are?" i asked
"yea, i'm gonna get an angel right there" he said, pointing to this arm.
"isn't this illegal?" i asked
"in a real tattoo shop, not a basement"
"oh. you got angel right there money?"
"girl alex my cousin"
"it's gonna hurt"
"i'll be fine as long you're here mama" he said, winking and making me blush
-
"ahhh this shit hurt" said nick "i need a blunt or some"
"just squeeze my hand harder baby" i said, which made him smile.
"i'm baby now? bet" he asked through his pain and then he flinched again.
"you're almost done"
alex puckered his lips out at me (kinda like this 😗)
"girl no he ain't, we got like an hour left" he said. nick flinched in even more pain.
"just relax" i told nick "it'll hurt more if you be tense"
"ain't nobody told you to be so skinny" alex said
"boy shutcho uglass up" said nick
"i'm the one with the needle and permanent ink, you really wanna go there?" he said, and nick shut his uglass up.
-
after an hour and thirty minutes, we were finally done.
"thank you cuzzo, this shit drippy" nick said, analyzing his tatttoo
"no problem" said alex "ayo kiara, you want some?"
"it's kiari" i said laughing so he wouldn't feel bad "and no thank you"
"i do piercings too"
"come on kiari, do it"
"my mom gonna kill me"
"no she's not. she's gonna be mad and then she'll get over it. plus you can always just take it out"
"come on kiari, pleaseee" begged nick.
"okay fine, i'll get my nose pierced"
"you're gonna look good" said nick
"i hope it's worth the ass beating" i told him.
-
omg look what happened

issa nahmir song before the song "u with me", which my story was inspired by, that's jus weird to me