29. the renaissance

IM SORRY I HAVENT UPDATED IN LIKE THREE WEEKS I SUCK!!
-
bitches is turning 17 this weekend, so we were able to get permission from anthony's uncle to use his lakehouse.

the only problem was that it was two hours away, so i was buckled in for a long ass ride.

i was driving with nick and everyone else would eventually find their own way there.

currently, i had the aux, cause i got tired of listening to "ybn nahmir" and all his gang shit, so i was blasting playboi carti.

"i don't know how you can listen to this" nick said, rolling his eyes
"just because he's not rapping about killing people and 34s and four fours doesn't mean it's trash"
"i bet you don't even know what a four four is" he said, looking at me.
"nigga, do you?" i said "have you ever seen a gun in real life?"
"have i?" he said and starts opening up the glove compartment, which was right in front of me, and pulled out a gun.
i gasped "NICK PUT IT BACK"

he put it back and laughed at my reaction.

"nigga you think that's funny? let a cop pull you or some shit. then it's gonna be funny. your ass better not call me from jail on some "come get me type shit" cause i swear i'm not doing shit. is that even registered? goofy ass nigga"

as i continued to go off on him, he just started at me and laughed so hard his dreads was all waving and shit.

"WHAT?" i asked
"it's just cute how much you care about me. and it's funny how you know damn well that if i was sentenced to a quarter century, you staying with me still"
"it's cute how you think that's true" i said, staring at the window, knowing damn well he was right.
-
ever since tay died, zaniyah hasn't been the same. However, lately she's been getting better and better. she's been smiling more often and i feel like soon she'll be back to her old self.

we haven't been mentioning tay around her in hopes of not stirring up any old memories. when we go out, we try not make her feel like the 9th wheel (regardless of the fact that anthony and kayla still aren't official).

as of right now, the police have no idea where aaliyah and levy are at, but were able to locate devonte. apparently he was really drunk and high when he decided to go on instagram live exposing his location and someone snitched. dumbass.

we don't mention aaliyah's name anymore. to us, she's dead. she betrayed us and she killed someone she'd known for years, over some young m.a. wannabe she met last fall.
-
"this shit clean as fuck!" says jay as he walks in.

everybody looks around mesmerized.

"thank you ant for letting us borrow this house. i love you" i say
"anything for you kiki" he says and pulls me in for a hug.

"i need to pee!" says malani "where's the bathroom?"
"over here!" says kayla, leading malani to the bathroom.

me and nick look at each other. and then at glizzy. and then at zaniyah. and then at flacka.

"why are y'all looking at each other?" asks jay
"kayla, how'd you know where the bathroom is?" asked flacka.

kayla's eyes went wide.
"i uh i- assumed that-"
"just admit anthony was laying pipe upstairs" said flacka
"actually" said anthony, staring at the couch in which jay was sitting in.

jay realized what was happening and jumped up quickly.
"EW NIGGA THE FUCK" he screamed, raising his eyebrows.

this caused AyahMarie to start giggling like crazy.
"ha-has she ever done that before?" asked jay

"no!" exclaimed malani "this is her first time!"
"YOOO" said jay and he took the baby from glizzy's arms. "she loves her uncle jay"

glizzy rolled his eyes. "it's not even that serious. her first word was daddy"
malani scrunched her eyebrows.
"nigga how?" asked nick "she's like 2 months"
"she's actually three months" said malani "but he's lying"
"her first word will be daddy" said glizzy
"nah it's gonna be jay" said anthony
glizzy rolled his eyes again, unable to hide his jealousy.
-

my friends were boring as hell. we've been here for two hours and all them bitches knocked.

i was currently downstairs at the kitchen table, chilling with nick.

"so you've never smoked smoked?" he asked
"never" i said
"do you want to?"
"i gotta know where it comes from" i said "ion wanna get laced with heroin or something"

nick pulled a little bag of weed from his back pocket and a pack of backwoods.

"all that fit in ya back pocket?" i ask
"duh" he said, and took out a lighter from his hoodie.
"oh so you a crackhead crackhead?" i say

he rolled his eyes
"mama, for me to a crackhead, i would have to be addicted. you can't get addicted to weed"
"you can get dependent on it though"
"i guess you my weed" he said
"nigga WHAT?" i ask

he sighed.

"i never told you this cause i didn't want you to think i was psychotic or something, but there was a point where i relied on you for my happiness, that's why us being apart hurt me so much. i wasn't even like addicted, i just couldn't see myself living without you"
"nick everything you say is contradicting"
"how?"
"how you gon tell me you can't live without me and then cut me off?"
"because kiari, i was scared of how dependent i was on you. this is all my anxiety, not me"

"i know baby, it just doesn't make sense sometimes" i say, reaching over the table and playing with his dreads.
"it never makes sense, but it's something that we gotta try to make sense of if we want to work out"
"i'm willing to do that" i say
" i love you" he says, and kisses me.

"gay ass shit" says jay, staring at us.
"how long were you there for?" i ask
"long enough to know y'all are corny" he says, as he sits down next to me "what we smoking?"
"crack" i say
"word? i got a pipe in my bag"
"JAY!" i say
"he's joking" says nick
"then why he ask what we smoking"
"i'm asking what strain we smoking, you prude" says jay. i smack him on the arm
"isla my nigga, only the best"
"SAY THAAAT" says jay.

nick finishes rolling up his blunt and lights it up. he takes a puff, and then another. then, he blows into my mouth, causing me to cough and gag and choke.

"newbie" says jay, rolling his eyes "hand me that shit"

jay takes a big ass puff, like the crackhead he is, and hands the blunt to me.

i try taking a puff, but end up wheezing and coughing, again.

jay and nick start mocking me, and we're interrupted by somebody saying "excuse ME!", trying to get our attention.

it was flacka, and she was holding zaniyah in one hand, and a bottle of pills in the other hand.

"look why i caught zaniyah doing"
"what is that?" i asked
"read it" says flacka, handing the bottle to nick
"XANAX?" he exclaims
"ZANIYAH" i say
"that's why she's been so relaxed lately" said jay, putting 2 and 2 together.

"where'd you get this from?" flacka asked
"this boy i'm talking to" she said, calmly
"what boy?" asked nick
"i'm not telling you"
"zaniyah tell us, this could kill you" i said
"do i look like i care?" she says
"zaniyah please" says jay
"please what?"

i run upstairs to zaniyah's bed, where i find her phone.

i know her password is her and tay's anniversary, 021615.

i go through her messages and see a contact under "💊💖" and scroll their messages about drugs and fucking and nasty ass sexts.

then i saw a picture revealing the mystery drug dealer.

it was jacob .
_
sorry i didn't update in a grippppp omg school has been stressful, i had writers block, boys ain't shit... etc

the next chapter will be the last !!