25. the rnb shootout

thank you so much for the immense support the book has been getting lately 💘 

this is the chapter i've been waiting to write since july i'm so excited sksksks

i hope y'all enjoy, this a good one.
~
"it's gon be a cool chill ass vibe" said levy

i shook my head.
"i'm still not going"
"kiari, you're being mad dumb" said malani. she was right though, i WAS being dumb.
"kiari just COME" exclaimed zaniyah
"listen to me kiari. the other day, you were complaining about losing nick, but now that you have the opportunity to see him face to face, for the first time in four months, you wanna duck him? what the fuck is wrong with you"

"just because i complained about losing him, doesn't mean i want him back" i said with a straight face.

"you sound stupid" said aaliyah "you really gonna give up a 90s themed party over a nigga? KIARI, YOU LOVE THE FUCKING 90s" said aaliyah.
"90s and 2000s party" corrected flacka. we constantly got in arguments over which era was the best. it was the 90s. "plus, jay told me they landing at like 8:00 pm, so if their plane is late or something, by the time they arrive at the party, you'll be able to sneak out with nobody noticing."

the thing was: i didn't want to "sneak out". i wanted nick to see me and think i was living my best life or some shit. some kind of illusion cause i know damn well i was living my worst life.

"kiari, at least you have the option to go. i have to take care of ayah" pouted malani.
"glizzy's mom couldn't babysit?" asked kayla
"nah. she said we need to learn responsibility" said malani.
"CAN I BABYSIT?" asked kayla
"girl, this my responsibility" said malani
"i want to do it for fun" said kayla "i can invite anthony and we can have a slumber party"
"kayla, are you sure?" asked malani
"i don't even like the 90s, baggy clothes is ugly" said kayla
"don't worry, kiari is definitely going" said malani.

"good looks" said levy. "zaniyah is tay still going?"
"yea, why?" asked zaniyah
"just wanted to make sure i had a accurate count of whose going"

the vibe tonight was at devonte's house. i had definitely never been to a drug dealer's house, so i was sort of excited. nick and jay were gonna be in town for about two weeks before they had to go back for some meetings. it was gonna be good to see jay, but probably bittersweet to see nick.
~
we were all in kayla's room getting ready for the party, and for some reason anthony was there?

"so kiari, how do you feel about seeing nick?" asked anthony, popping a grape into his mouth. kayla smacked him in the thigh.

"it's scary" i said
"why?" asked anthony.
"because right now me and nick are on terrible terms"
"that doesn't mean you can't fix it" said anthony
"can you fix it for me?" i asked him.

"nah, this ones on you K. when you really want to be with someone, you swallow your pride and you tell them how you feel. he's not gonna guess how you feel. he thinks he knows how you feel but you need to prove him wrong."

"what do you mean?" i said

zaniyah, flacka, and malani stopped doing their makeup and turned to look at anthony. even kayla and the baby looked at him.

anthony sighed.
"i don't think i'm supposed to be saying this, but after the call at the hospital, nick wasn't ok. he's mad at you kiari, he won't tell me what happened with y'all back in december, but he's mad. he wants to know how you moved on so quick."

i scrunched my eyebrows and made a confused face.
"huh?!" i said "nick told me to leave him alone"
"i just still y'all need to talk, communication goes a long way kiari. it's like water for relationships. without it, you die."
"damn bruh" said zaniyah "niggas is mad deep. come here kiari, help me pick out a lipliner."
~
as we walked into devonte's house, "i wanna be down" by brandy played.

"this shit is crazy" said malani, as she looked around. marble floors, flat screens tv, leather couches, fancy ass stairs, balconies, big ass kitchen, everything that you would find in the home of somebody who got money after years of being dumb broke.
"it's sum light" said glizzy, shrugging.
tay glared at him. "nigga if it wasn't for yo momma, you would sleep on a mattress on the floor"
"shut up" said glizzy.

the party was dope as hell though, i'm not even gonna front. mad people were wearing baggy jeans, big shirts, nike and then there were those wearing juicy sweatsuits, fur coats, hoops, and lipgloss.

"if aaliyah isn't dressed like aaliyah, i'm gonna be tight" said zaniyah
"where is aaliyah?" i asked. we all looked around us, but she wasn't anywhere to be found, neither was levy. sus.

"drank in my cup" by kirko bangz started blasting from devonte's loud ass fucking speakers.

before i knew it, flacka yelled "ayeee this my song!"

i rolled my eyes and kept looking around, for aaliyah (nick) when i spotted jermaine. that nigga was damn near high as fuck and not on weed.

i guess tay spotted him too because he whispered to me "that nigga got more than a drank in his cup"

i guess glizzy's nosey ass was eavesdropping because he said "nigga prolly got holes in his arms and allat shit"

i realized i was kinda bored just standing in the middle of the crowd, so i walked over the kitchen to get a coca cola, hopefully not a coke.

i stumbled past the crowd of aaliyahs, bobby browns and lil kims. once i finally reached the kitchen, the alcohol free options were limited, very limited.

i grabbed a water from the cooler and prayed to god it wasn't laced with heroin.

once i turned around, i bumped into a tall ass person; jacob.

"you got a lot of fucking nerve coming here kiari" he mumbled angrily. his pupils were dilated to the fucking max.
"huh?" i asked
"you disrespected me bitch. you embarrassed me" he said.
"me ending things with you is more embarrassing that you being high off crack or whatever? sure"

he got up in my face, and i mean mad close in face. i could smell the liquor coming from his mouth.
"don't mock me, bitch" he said
"i'm not-" i started to say, but he grabbed my wrist. not in a cute way, but a very violent way. i started lifting my knee up to knee him in the crotch, but i was shocked when he knocked to the floor.

i look to his right and identified his attacker as nick. my heart dropped to my stomach when i saw him. i was so happy, shocked, confused.

"n-nick" i said
"don't" he said, turned around, and walked away.

my eyes started to water. the thing that made it worse was the the speakers were blasting "into you" by fabolous. i know it was zaniyah and tay's song, but it reminded me of me and nick.

i got so lost and in my thoughts that i was extremely startled by the sounds of gun shots.

"everybody GET DOWN" people started yelling.
everyone was running around in a frantic mess.
suddenly, somebody jumped on me to protect me. it smelled like nick. he pushed us under a table.

everything was quiet for a few seconds, until i heard sobbing, loud sobbing, screaming actually.

"HELP ME. GET AN AMBULANCE"

"that sounds like zaniyah" said nick. this confirmed that it was him who jumped on me.

we ran out of the table and i guided him towards where i last left the group.

was it malani? was it glizzy? was it ashanti? was it jay?

"ITS TAYMOR, ONE OF MARIO'S BOYS" screamed a deep voice.

it was taymor, one of my best friends.
-
Msnanejidosisjrne UPDATE COMING SOON!!