The Most Unromantic Love-Confession [Reader x RK900]

Hello fellow readers. I had a virus, and because I'm really whiny and was wallowing in self-pity, I wrote this on the day it was the worst. I'll be honest with you: It's not very romantic. But maybe you guys are also sick and can identify yourself with the eternal suffering I went through. Maybe you can just get a laugh out of it. (Also, it's my first Reader x ... attempt. Feedback is appreciated!)

The bell rang. With a moan, you pulled your warm blanket over your head. You were definitely not interested in leaving your safe-area and showing yourself to anyone. Not in this condition. Your headache began to grow stronger again. You'd need new medicine soon...
The bell rang once more and you ignored it again.

Fucking annoying healthy world outside.

But whoever was waiting in front of your house didn't seem on planning to give up. The bell rang again, this time longer. You sighed and grabbed your dressing gown to cover yourself. During a hot fever last night, you had decided you wouldn't need your soaking wet pajamas anymore. With slurring steps, you made your way towards the front door. When you opened it, an android was looking at you.

"Conan?", you asked and had to sneeze. Conan frowned. "Detective Y/L/N, are you alright? You didn't show up at work yesterday, and today you were missing, too."

"What the fuck, Conan", you said as you rubbed your eyes that felt like they'd fall out any second because of the pressure inside your head. "I'm signed off sick! Didn't they tell you that at the DPD?"

"Yes, they did."

"Then what are you doin' here? It's really impolite to ring me out of my bed", you complained.

"I'm sorry, Detective. I just wanted to be sure", Conan said.

You frowned. "First of all, why would you check something like that? Secondly, stop calling me 'Detective', I've told you that a thousand times by now. We're friends" Conan narrowed his eyes and you sighed. Promptly, you had to cough. The android in front of you watched it happen with an undefinable look. "That doesn't sound very good", he stated.

"No shit, Sherlock, I'm fucking dying right here."

"I don't think you're-", Conan started, but you interrupted him. "Shut up. Just come in already. I have to lie down again, or I'll pass out on you. The world is already starting to twist around me." With another cough, you turned around and went to your bedroom again. You heard Conan closing the front door behind himself and then following you. You sat onto the bed and grabbed a tissue that had been protected by your cat while you were gone. Loudly, you snorted everything out of your nose, when Conan entered the room. You leaned back against your wall and watched the android closing the door. With one hand you pointed at the little couch in the corner next to your bookshelf. "Sit down." Conan obeyed and let his gaze wander trough the room, as soon as he was seated. You started to pet your cat when you began to talk. "So, why did you decide to visit my modest little house to check if I'm really sick?" Conan didn't answer. He seemed uncomfortable, something that you had never seen on him before. When you frowned, he finally decided to talk. "Detective Reed just told me you were not coming to work because of me." You frowned even more. Then you had to laugh. It was a throaty laugh that sounded like you had smoked one package of cigarettes every day during the past twenty years, and turned into a rattling coughing attack very soon. It was disgusting. "You really are concerned about that?", you asked when you were finally able to talk again. Your headache grew stronger and you took another pill, when you watched Conan. The android furrowed his brows. "Yes, I was."

"God damnit, you kick Reed's ass all the time, why would you suddenly give a shit about what he says? He's talking nonsense as soon as he opens his mouth, you know that!", you said while your cat decided to bite your fingers all of the sudden. "Fuck", you cursed silently.

"What's your pets name?", Conan asked with a look on the cat.

"His name is Peeves. He's an asshole", you answered as you looked at the animal with a grim face. Peeves didn't give a shit though. You sighed. "Anyway, let's not change the subject. We were talking about how you suddenly care about what Reed said. Are you becoming soft?" Conan narrowed his eyes. "No", he said.

"Don't lie to my face. Talk to me as long as I'm still awake", you replied. Conan looked at Peeves sternly. It took a while until he started to speak. "I just felt the need to be sure you don't hate me", he said. You laid your head onto your pillow. You were suddenly very tired. "Why the hell would I hate you?", you asked and petted Peeves again.

"I'm an android. Humans tend to still dislike our kind", Conan answered. You smiled a little bit. "Believe me, Conan, I'd choose you over any human as my partner at any time", you said in all honesty. The android on your couch watched you with an insistent gaze. "Don't look at me like that, I mean it", you added and closed your eyes. They watered because of the headache, and your tiredness gained the upper hand, too. There was simply no way to keep them open anymore. It took not much time and you were sleeping.

The next time you woke up, you felt someones hand on your forehead that hurt like someone was shooting it all over again. You opened your eyes and contorted your face in pain. Conan was sitting on the edge of your bed and looked at you with a slight glimpse of concern. It was his hand. "You have a fever", he said.

"Yeah, I can feel that", you answered with a silent voice. You throat was swollen again and you felt like a very mistreated doormat. "Should I bring you to a doctor?", Conan asked. You coughed before you answered. "Not necessary. They can't do much anyway. I have the medication I need, all that's left to do is to bear the next days. I'll probably survive this, even if it will be close. Thanks for the offer though."

"You really don't look very good", Conan said insistently. You sighed. "Thanks, Prince Charming. Could be the virus that's currently poisoning my body, but it's just a guess", you answered and sneezed. Conan stroke his hand through your hair, wich was just the comfort you needed at the moment. "Can I do something for you?", he asked. You sighed. "Yes. Please stay with me." It sounded quite desperate and clingy, but it was the truth. You had been absolutely bored during the past days, you could really need some company and comfort. Especially from Conan, who you liked a little bit more than you probably should. Conan nodded earnestly. "I will." You smiled at him thankfully, while snot came out of your nose.
Disgusting.
You grabbed another tissue and snorted everything out once more. "Sorry", you mumbled. Conan just looked at you with slight of compassion. Peeves climbed upon you and laid down purring loudly. You petted him.

"Y/N, can I say something personal?", Conan asked suddenly. You frowned. "You're watching me coughing and snorting out infected slime since two hours. More personal isn't possible. Shoot." Conan nodded slowly and started petting Peeves, too. "I think I really like you. But not the way I liked you before. It's more intense." With a grin, you took his hand.  You've had the slight suspicion that he felt about you the same way you did about him before, but now you finally had the confirmation. And that made you forget the terrible, unendurable pain for a second. "I'll just ignore the fact that this is probably the most unromantic love confession ever and just answer right away: I like you too, Conan." A slight smile crossed the androids face. He tightened his grip around your hand, and you coughed again. "Well, and as soon as I'm over this near-death experience, we can talk more about our feelings and work on your timing for the future. But now I have to concentrate on my unbearable suffering."

"I will help you through this hard time", Conan said and your grin widened. Then, you went back to sleep. You had to win a battle against a virus.