Chapter Two

Girl Gang: fearless ladies who exude self confidence and build their fellow sister up—not down

self confidence and build their fellow
sister up—not down.

"Okay, it's going to be okay." Annie said as she went through Beth's liquor cabinet. "We're gonna have a drink." She sighed. "We're gonna have ten drinks." She looked over at Cassandra who was stroking Beth's head as the older woman sobbed into her arms. "Ugh, hey, do you know the difference between a Manhattan and a sidecar?" Annie asked. "I always forget."
"Something about the vermouth whispering..." Cassandra trailed off as Beth's front door opened.
"Hey!" Ruby called out. "Guess who found those caramel Bugles at Kroger?" Annie tried to shush her as Beth got up. "What is going on? "The Bachelorette" is on." Ruby asked as she turned around and was trapped in a hug with Beth. Ruby looked at the other two girls confused. "Dean is having an affair." Annie mouthed.
"What?" Ruby mouthed back.
"Dean is having an affair." Cassandra said out loud.
Ruby looked down at Beth. "Son of a bitch." She whispered. "Oh, honey. What can we do?"
"How about a screwdriver?" Annie offered.
"A sledgehammer." Beth muttered.
"What?" Cassandra, Ruby and Annie watched Beth smash up Dean's office. Annie took a sip of her liquor as Beth smashed a framed picture. "You planing on stopping this?" Ruby asked as Beth smashed the desk in half.
"Nah. You?" Annie said.
Ruby shook her head "nah. I'm good."

Cassandra sighed loudly, looking back at her apartment block. "That's the last of it." Beth said as she louder the last of Cassandra's stuff in the back of her car. "Hey are you okay?" She asked softly, putting a hand on her friends shoulder. Cassandra turned to her. "Well, if living with you is half as fun as flipping burgers all day... " She joked, pulling off her work uniform over her tank top before climbing into her car. "You're stuck with me."

Cassandra was reading something on her phone as Annie and Ruby walked into  looked up suddenly when Beth slammed her hands down on the marble counter top. "We're gonna rob that store."
"What?" Ruby asked.
"We are gonna rob that store." Beth repeated.
"Yes!" Annie cheered.
"Have you lost your mind?" Ruby asked. "We where just joking about the store, Beth."
"Hey, I wasn't." Annie said.
"Well I was." Ruby replied.
"Why?" Annie said. "You need it just as bad as we do!"
"We just do it once, and we get some money." Beth said. "You get to help your little girl." She explained. "You get to take care of this custody thing." She added looking at her sister. "And I get to save my family, and we're done." Beth exclaimed. "And we never do it again and we don't sit back and let everything be taken from us. No ones going fix this we've gotta do it ourselves."