Chapter Seventeen

Stay Classy,Sassy, and aBit Bad-Assy

Stay Classy,
Sassy, and a
Bit Bad-Assy

After Rio left all hell broke lose, Dean and Annie started an argument with Dean accusing Beth of having an affair with the gang leader, which ended with Dean confessing he had cancer and Beth crying herself to sleep in Annie's arms. Cassandra woke up early the next morning, pulling on a oversized jumper and shorts, before heading downstairs. Cassandra and Annie both decided Beth deserved to rest so they woke the kids up and headed downstairs to the kitchen. "Can you make breakfast?" Emma asked. Cassandra smiled brightly down at the dark haired little girl, leaning over the marble island. "Hmm, well, that depends." She said. "What'd you have in mind?"
"My mummy usually makes crepes." Emma said.
"Well, my specialty is cereal." Cassandra said, grabbing a box of cereal from Beth's neatly organised cupboard.

Annie, Cassandra, Ruby and Beth sat in the cafe of a large retailers; Cassandra was to tired and to passed caring to remember what the store was called. Her gaze flicked on each woman before landing on Rio, who leans back in his chair. His hoodie was on weirdly, only halfway on his head, like one of those 12 year-olds who think their tough. "We have a business proposition." Beth said looking at the gangbanger as he took a sip of his drink.
"Oh, you guys didn't hit me up to do brunch?" He asked and although he had a straight face Cassandra could tell he was amused by the sparkle in his brown, golden flecked eyes. "To clean your fake money without having to deal with drug dealers or street people." Beth explained.
"Street people?" Cassandra repeated.
"I got a system." Rio said, holding the plastic cup to his mouth.
"It's a liability." Beth argued.
"It gets the job done." Rio stated.
"How'd your friend get shot again?" Cassandra asked, looking, unblinking at the man in front of her. Rio sighed, lowering his cup. "What're you proposing?" He asked Beth.
"Let us do it right here." The strawberry blonde gestured to the store they where currently sitting in. Rio looked amused, though he still didn't smile. "You wanna clean fake cash here?" He asked.
"Or any big box retailer." Annie explained. "You know, Walmart, Costco. They have very generous return policies."
"And no one thinks twice about a wife buying her husband a flat screen TV or new tires for the minivan." Ruby added.
"We trade it all in for fresh cash." Annie explained.
"Fake money in, real money out." Cassandra stated.
"Y'all got it all figured out, huh?" Rio asked, taking a look around the store at all the people walking in and out with large boxes of appliances. He turned back to Beth, who at this point had become the girls unofficial leader. "What's in it for you?" He asked.
"20% cut of the profit." Beth stated.
"Oh, is that right?" Rio chuckled, sweeping over each girl with his eyes. "There anything else while we're at it? Y'all want health care? Union breaks?" He asked rhetorically.
"Just for the record, I'll never smuggle anything up my butt." Ruby muttered, more to herself then anyone else. Both Cassandra and Rio gave her strange looks and Beth slowly shook her head. "I could be talked into it if the compensation was appropriate..." Annie joked. "Wait.Where are you going?" She asked as Rio went to stand up, he stilled for a moment answering her question–"Uh, I gotta go buy a duvet cover." Cassandra couldn't tell her was being serious or not—before standing up. "Are you in or..." Cassandra trailed of standing up so that her head was the same hight as Rio's shoulder. "We'll give it a try." He said with a hint of a smirk.