First time I saw the rose

It was strange being in Beacon. Me and my sister Raven Branwen lived in a tribe our whole life, so being in the city wasn't so different. Even if it was louder than what we are used to we planned on making the most of it.

"What do you think the people will be like here,"Raven said looking at the court yard of Beacon. She was observing all the students.

"I don't know but I hope better than in the tribe."

"Hmmm maybe."

We started to walk to the auditorium. When we reached the center of the court yard I saw a girl in a white hood. She was being pushed around by other kids. I would have helped her but I was taught you have to mind your own business, so I started to walk around them. I got halfway around the group when someone punched the girl in the stomach, which caused her to fall into me. I caught her as she was coughing for air. I just stared at the other kids and I guessed I frightened them because they ran.

"Qrow? Are you ok?"

"I'm fine I'll catch up later," I say to Raven.

"Ok."

I look down at the girl who was still coughing. I didn't know what to do so I continued to hold her. She was beautiful though. She had hair that was black and faded into red. Her skin was pale. I guess I got lost in observing her because she stopped coughing and sat up quickly from were I held her.

"I am so sorry from running into you! I promise it won't happen again," the girl spoke in a panache like she was afraid.

"Its fine it wasn't your fault."

"But it is I could have stopped them from punching me and I didn't."

"Hey its ok you don't have to apologize. Its not your fault you couldn't have stopped them. Anyways what's your name."

"Oh! Right, my name is Summer Rose," she said sticking out her hand out for me to shake it.

I took it and said,"Qrow Branwen."

"Its nice to meet you Qrow. I bet you need to get to the auditorium so I'm sure I'll see you again."

"I hope so."

She got up and ran towards the school yelling," See you again soon! Bye Qrow!"

She ran off with a smile on her face and I couldn't help but smile back. I walked into the auditorium were I found Raven. I walked over to her. As soon as I got to her the announcements were starting. I knew Raven would ask about the incident with Summer later. I cant get her out of my mind though. I hope we do see each other soon.