Taking a trip

When all of our classes were over we all went shopping, considering that the dance was two days away. Me and Tai went to a couple different places to look for our outfits. Tai insisted that I dress up fancy but I'm pretty sure he knows I hate formal clothes. I mean it was kind of obvious. Especially since of were I came from. We ended up just getting classic black suits. Because we are basic. He kept telling bad jokes and it was just getting really annoying. After we took our shopping bags to our room I quickly left so I wouldn't have to be around him. I went outside and sat in the court yard just listening to the silence. It was nice to have nothing but silence.

I then saw Raven and Summer coming with there shopping bags. I don't think they saw me yet so I waited for them to pass me. I got up and snuck behind Summer.

I jumped and grabbed her shoulders and said in her ear, "Boo." She jumped away from me with a scream. Her face started to turn red. She looked like she was about to have steam come out of her ears.

"OH MY GOODNESS! QROW! YOU SCARED ME!," Summer shouted really frustrated.

"Haha you should see your face. I got you good," I said laughing.

"How was your shopping with Tai?" Raven asked.

"Annoying, what about you girls?"

"Summer didn't even buy a dress," Raven turned towards Summer giving her an annoyed look.

"It's because I have one already. I just need to go get it," Summer said kind of frustrated.

"Where do you have to go?" I asked Summer.

"Back to my house. I'm leaving tonight."

We walked back up to the room and started to organize our stuff. While we were organizing me and Tai heard Summer and Raven arguing about if Summer was doing Raven's hair and makeup. Raven didn't want her to but she didn't know how and Summer was the only one she knew who could do her hair and makeup. Me and Tai just laughed at the girls fighting. I was surprised they hadn't killed each other yet. Finally, Summer won the argument and Raven agreed to let her do her hair and makeup. 

It was in the evening. Tai and Raven were sleeping while me and Summer were talking. Summer looked over at the clock and sighed.

"I should probably start heading out if I want to make it back before they get up," Summer said getting up from where she sat on her bed.

"Can I come with you?" I asked because I didn't want to be alone. Also I was curious to see where she lived.

"I thought you weren't aloud to see what I'm wearing," she said as she turned back to look at me.

"Hey, I just asked if I could come. Not 'Can I see what your wearing'."

Summer sat there for a minute and giggled then said," Sure you can come."

I get up from my bed and we leave the room. We started to walk to her house. We walked in silence for a minute and I had time to think. Why was I so worried about Summer? What was this feeling I keep getting every time I around her? I realized the reason I'm so worried about her is she makes me happy. What is that called? I'm her friend why would I feel like I need more? Then it hit me. I have a crush on Summer. After thinking about this I didn't catch that Summer was talking to me.

"Hello earth to Qrow," Summer said waving her hand in front of my face.

"Oh yes, sorry lost in my train of thought."

"What were you thinking about."

I started to blush,"No-nothing."

"Mmmmmm fine. I bet you tell me later."

"Huh maybe."

I would tell her but I'm afraid she won't care about me the same or I ruin our friendship. I don't want to hurt her in anyway. If our friendship was ruined it probably be because I told her I liked her more than a friend.

After we walked for about an hour we came to a beach. Summer started to walk onto the beach and towards the water. I was so confused why she was walking towards the water. Maybe because she likes the water but it didn't feel that way. She had a strange expression on her face,  so I caught up with her to ask what she was doing.  

"Oh! I forgot to tell you I live on the beach. My house is just up ahead," she said pointing to a little house up ahead. 

It was a little house on lifts about 8 feet of the ground. the house was up against a cliff. It had a perfect view of the water. The moon was in the middle of the sky but all the stars that reflected of the water made it look like fire flies on the water.

We walked up onto the porch. Summer went to go open the door but she hesitated. She had a sad expression in her eyes. She started to shake a little. I moved closer behind her and put my hand on her shoulder. She calmed down a little bit. She finally opened the door and we both walked inside to a small living room. Summer started to look like she was going to cry. She looked like she had tears forming in her eyes.

"Summer are you ok?" I asked her.

"I want to say yes but.... but I can't its to many memories coming back to me. I-I thought I could handle it but I can't. Qrow, I'm all alone," Summer started to cry. She wrapped her arms around herself and dropped to the floor.

(Author note: Cliff hanger! I'm so evil! Its ok the next chapter will be posted really soon.)