The blessing

There was a baby in the crib. Summer quickly reached down and picked him up. She started to rock him so he would calm down. He had short brown hair and his eyes were sky blue. I couldn't believe what I was seeing.

"Qrow, he survived," Summer said with glee.

"What do we do with him?"

"Well we have to bring him back with us. We can't just leave him here," Summer said. She started to look around the room.

"I wonder if you have a name?" She wispered to herself.

"Why don't you just make up a name?"

Summer turned around to me. She looked down at the small infant. She was thinking of something. She then had a small smile on her face.

"His name will be Asher. It means blessing."

"Its nice. It totally screams 'Summer Rose picked this na me' with the meaning behind it," I said jokingly.

"Oh hush you," Summer said elbowing me in the side.

We walked back to the fire. Summer continued to cradle Asher. I went back to watch for Grimm. A few hours had past when I looked and saw Summer asleep in her sleeping bag with Asher. They both looked so peaceful. I then heard a what sounded like footsteps.

I grabbed my weapon and went out of the building. I started to walk around but kept an eye on the building Summer and Asher were in. I looked around a corner to see a boy with long black hair that was braided. What shocked me was when I noticed something moving. This wasn't an ordinary boy. The thing moving around was a tail.

This boy was a faunus. What was kinda freaky though was the boy kept saying over and over again," What can I do to please her. Her majesty must be pleased with you." After being weirded out I decided that this kid would probably be better off not knowing where we were camping out at.

When I got back I tried to stifle a yawn but failed.

"You know its my turn to take watch anyway," Summer said from her sleeping bag. I walked over and knelt down beside her.

"But you have Asher," I replied

"And you need sleep," she snapped back. "And besides he can sleep with you."

"Summer, I don't want this to sound like super shocker but I've never held a baby. Nor do I know how to."

"Well its easy," she said getting up while picking Asher up," Here lay down."

Know that she wasn't going to let me deny her I did as I was told. Once I laid down she laid Asher down next to me.

"Just put an arm around him for warmth and make sure he doesn't turn onto his stomach."

After she said that she went to go to the spot that I went to watch around the building.

"By the way, were did you go?" Summer asked.

I didn't want to tell her about the strange boy so I just replied with," I thought I saw something but turns out it was just the fire reflecting off of some broken glass."

"Oh ok."

"What are we gonna do with Asher tomorrow when we go back?"

"I don't know, but we'll figure out tomorrow. Go ahead and get some sleep. I'll wake you up in a couple of hours."

I closed my eyes and tried to fall asleep. Before I did though, I thought about that boy. What did he mean by please her majesty? Who even was her majesty? After a while I fell asleep with Asher in my arms awaiting a new day.