Seven.

March 20th.

     "Jasmine, I—"

     "Don't," I hold my hand up, shaking my head. He chuckles, thinking about what happened this morning. Liam Alessandro Forte just infuriates me sometimes.

     "Come on, Jazzy. I said I was sorry." He pokes his bottom lip out, glancing at me from the corner of his eyes.

I ignore him, wondering about how tomorrow is going to go. We're on the road because flying is for suckers, which is code for Liliana will lose her shit if she goes up into the air.

     Been there, done that. Liliana doesn't like flying, at all. She's not even fascinated in the slightest bit when a plane passes overhead.

     Any typical parent would see a plane and go, 'Baby, look at the airplane!' And then the baby would go, 'Oh, issa pwane!' looking up at it, pointing in awe. If I even mention a plane trip, she will flip—completely hysterical.

It happened when we flew to New York for the photoshoot like three weeks ago. She was scared shitless. Her face was pale as if she'd seen a ghost, and it wasn't Casper.

     "And I said, don't," I huff, leaning away from him when he reaches over to touch my face. "Ten and two, Liam. Ten and two."

     Instead of listening to my directions, he rests his hand on the gear stick. He still has manual transmission, to which I'm very jealous. I can't drive a stick-shift to save my life...I'd definitely crash.

     It's fascinating, though, watching him as his face turns from impassive to determined. His eyebrows furrow whenever he has to switch gears, and he licks his upper lip whenever he lifts his foot off the gas. He's adorable.

"Did your mom send you the addresses for the venues?" He switches lanes, shifting to a higher gear when we get on the interstate.

"Yeah, the first one," I sigh. They're looking at three completely different venues. They're looking at an indoor venue, where you can literally have the wedding and reception in the same building: Generations Hall.

It looks like it could be a club. The outside of the building could use some work, but the inside is pretty nice.

They're also looking at a damn yacht, which I'm not looking forward to. That's forcing you to be on time, and you have to stay the entire night.

If you show up late, the yacht pulls off without you. But if you get there on time, you can't leave until the wedding and reception are over, which is a bummer. And let's not get started on if you happen to be seasick.

It's not a smart venue choice in my eyes, but it's not my wedding, so...

The other one is outdoors, on a farm or something. I'll sum it up in a few words: bugs, and pollen.

     "She said we can follow them when we move on to the next. Hey, where are we now?" I finish my sentence, turning to face him.

     "Just outside of Blacksburg, Virginia." He scratches his throat and under his chin. His hair is starting to grow back, near a five o'clock shadow.

     "Well in that case, I'm going to sleep. Wake me when we stop for snacks." I catch him fighting a grin when I said this before I closed my eyes.

A few hours earlier...

Man, I could get used to this. I sigh, rolling over on my back in the bed, meeting someone's heel with my chin. Alright, I can get used to the bed. Getting kicked in the face in the morning? Not so much.